don't buy carfasion (video/pics of carnage)

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
edit: vids/pics of carnage later on in the thread

My luck with carfasion, so far has been almost a complete waste of time and money. Ever since I saw the group buy for this kit I wanted to jump on the deal but didn’t have the funds. By the time I finally was able to dish out the money for them the group buy was over. Luckily a few months later I found carfasion selling the kits on ebay. Of course I was a joyous kid waiting for the carfasion kit. At the time I figured since there was a group buy the quality must be pretty good right? Wrong. Everything was going smoothly until after I paid carfasion. Before the purchase I worked with them on a package deal for the pre 89 lip and the sides and the rear pieces and communication was spectacular.

Then this is where everything went bad. Once paid, they wouldn’t answer my emails, I actually had to ask Nick what’s going on with my order. About a month later I finally receive the kit, of course I wasn’t home so I had to get my mom to sign for it, so I had her check it over real quick to make sure there was no damage before signing for it. All checked out. The next weekend I get back from school and take a look at this kit like a kid on christmasmorning only to find out I had a hole in the fiberglass on one of the sides.. I figure no big deal I’ll just reglass the hole and I’ll be on my way.

I start on my project by prepping the lip which I might add, looks hot. The lip was so-so, it needed minor fixing due to small holes in the resin.. nothing a little spot putty couldn’t fix. I had that painted and now that’s done. Next I worked on the rears, those were pretty much flawless, I didn’t need to do any real work to them besides sand and primer.

Now this is where I think carfasion completely sucks. The sides. As I was sanding those to a smooth finish I found out there were air holes in the resin which collapsed as I was sanding; about 5 spots total (two sides). Of course I was pissed because I spent all this money on sides that were crap. But whatever, I wasn’t going to argue with carfasion after their complete joke of customer service. So I filled these spots with fiberglass and all was well until the fitting on the car. These sides are too short!!!!! And they don’t even fit properly!!.. I emailed carfasion saying that the sides did not fit, and it’s been about two weeks.. of course no response. Just today I decided to sit down and really look at them and see what I can do to just make them work…. Welll this just pissed me off, no way in hell am I going to get these to fit. The fiberglass is starting to crack because it was molded way to small. What a waste of money……. Summary of my story.. i wasted my money, carfasion sucks, spend the extra and get the original bomex or shineauto.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
nope no response from them at all, i decided to open up a paypal dispute with them and see what they do... i really want them to eaither refund me the sides or send me a set that was molded good, the lip is acceptable and so does the rears... altho i haven't fitted them yet. the lip i held to the car and it looks to be ok and the rears look like really good quality compared to the sides and i don't think they should be much of a problem.. i guess we'll see how it goes... BTW i know there were quite a few people on the group buy, who has installed their kit?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I have purchased both car fashion and shine parts, and yes shine is 10 times better quality. I had to spend a lot of extra money to my body guy to get my car fashion bomex bumper to fit properly and to reinforce thin areas including one hole.

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
tekdeus;942356 said:
I have purchased both car fashion and shine parts, and yes shine is 10 times better quality. I had to spend a lot of extra money to my body guy to get my car fashion bomex bumper to fit properly and to reinforce thin areas including one hole.

X10

Go with shine. He doesn't try to duck his customers.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
UPDATE: i am currently working with them to get my money back. They are willing to refund me $200 for the sides, plus i gotta ship them back. does that seem unfair to u guys? they are not paying for shipping btw

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
viper92086;948725 said:
UPDATE: i am currently working with them to get my money back. They are willing to refund me $200 for the sides, plus i gotta ship them back. does that seem unfair to u guys? they are not paying for shipping btw

I don't know but from my point of view, if a company sends a defective item to a customer at the customer's cost, then they have to pick up the shipping cost at their expense and not the customer's. Why should the customer pay for shipping twice??? Not right or fair at all.Out of that $200 , you will have to eat up almost a $100 in shipping cost .

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i got a cracked piece from shine auto.they responded super fast and took care of the issue.my stout hood from car fashion gb is bad quality,but i never complained.i waited so long for it,figured i'd just take it as a loss.i really couldn't say how they would have handled it.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
suprastanger507mgte;948746 said:
I don't know but from my point of view, if a company sends a defective item to a customer at the customer's cost, then they have to pick up the shipping cost at their expense and not the customer's. Why should the customer pay for shipping twice??? Not right or fair at all.Out of that $200 , you will have to eat up almost a $100 in shipping cost .

thats what i said, they were only offering me $160 before. I paid 500 shipped for the whole kit so thats where i'm trying to figure out if it is fair.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
tsuper92;948788 said:
i got a cracked piece from shine auto.they responded super fast and took care of the issue.my stout hood from car fashion gb is bad quality,but i never complained.i waited so long for it,figured i'd just take it as a loss.i really couldn't say how they would have handled it.

same here, my OEM Carfashion CF hood fits like shit, but I got it to fit after dremeling the fuck out of the rear of it..

still sticks when closing, though...

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
tsuper92;948788 said:

I am so glad you posted this. I was going to try and pick up one of those hoods here soon. I definately wont now that I read this.

dgj2812

Apr 6, 2007
myrtle beach sc
www.myspace.com
i ordered one of their stout replica carbon hoods. not from the group buy.finnally got it after 3 months and it took me several not so nice emails to get a response. the hood quality is not very good and took some massaging with a dremel for it to fit at all.but it was cheaper than a real stout and from ten feet away it looks ok. i definately would not buy from them again based on the hood and customer service.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
from ten feet away it looks ok?

That's just sad. Make sure everyone with a bad experience makes a post or thread about it in the reviews thread so that nobody else gets screwed over.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
SD2JZA70;948961 said:
I am so glad you posted this. I was going to try and pick up one of those hoods here soon. I definately wont now that I read this.
i actually wish shine made it.i would take one of there's in fiberglass over this carbon one.it's alot more then a couple of issue's.
the hood is thin and you can see daylight through it.somebody could actually un-bolt my front fender's with the hood shut,because you can see all the 10mm bolt's through the gap.the ancor's in the hood for the hindge's to bolt up are crooked and don't line up to good.there is a big dip in the hood along the passenger fender and it doesn't follow the body line.there is a spot at the back of the hood near the cowl where the glass is dry with not enough resin(you can see the cloth).the clear also has alot of sink hole's in it.
it serve's me right for buying replica's though.i might try and order a real glass one in the future.i have replica greddy bumper,bomex side's,bomex rear's, and bomex wing from shine that i'm happy with.my chargespeed a-duct needed some work but was bought to glass in anyway's(i wouldn't do that to an oem one,to rare).

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
to keep the thread updated here's a repsponse i got back today "Please destroy the side skirts and send me a picture that is cut up to 10 pieces that is recognizable and we will refund you $160.00 back. Thank you." Of course i would gladly do this, but 2 small problems, i should really get $190 back and i should get the money back first so i don't get screwed when he decides not to send me the money.... so i sent them an email saying this and now i am awaiting a response. Keep in mind he said he would refund me $200 if i shipped it back to him. But we'll see what happens, i would be more than glad to "destroy" these sides if i received the money. Better yet i will post the video on the forums if he refunds me... wouldn't that be cool lol.