Don't be a victim.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
This isn't meant to be political, though I can see how it might start to lean that way. Admin, feel free to move if needed.

I have seen this several times before but it gives you something to think about. This guy is real and not military or a police officer but simply has the mentality that he is not going to be a victim. He has decided that his fate is in his hands and he is not going to wait for the police or somebody else to save him, if he did, he would have been dead long ago. This applies to anyone who has a family to protect or who just wishes to not be a victim.

[video=youtube;pkWgp2abM2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w[/video]

Think about this.

1. In each of his gunfights, the bad guy already had a gun in his hand, proving that your action can beat the bad guy's reaction so be decisive in your action and make your first shot count.

2. Mindset and training trump equipment. Yes, some guns are better than others, but remember it is the man or woman who does the fighting, not the gun.

3. Having a gun in close proximity to you is not as good as having a holstered gun on your person, with the ability (with practice) to present it quickly and shoot it accurately.

4. Just because you get shot, does not mean you die. Even if you get shot, stay in the fight and finish your opponent!

5. Make your decision now on what you are willing to kill or die for, so that when the time comes there is no indecision in your mind.

6. Winning a gunfight when you are outnumbered or when your opponent already has a gun pointed at you is not just luck. It takes proper mindset, training, and practice to win time and time again.

Make your own “good luck” by being prepared.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Awesome. I told my mom about this as a reason I don't like the idea of goverment taking our guns. She said that it's just that people would love for no one to have guns, that so many have died because of them. So I told her my theory: It's either good and bad people have guns, or good people don't (because they aren't allowed to) and bad people have them anyways. That's it, only two options. The only thing government can do about it is to provide a healthy economy (which is by leaving it alone) so that less people would feel the need to steal. What do you think guys, do I have it right?

Edit: Your post wasn't political, but I guess mine was huh lol. Btw, love this:
Dunckel;1717812 said:
Make your own “good luck” by being prepared.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
This is why I'm armed every single day. I rarely leave the house without a weapon. I'm responsible for my safety, not the police.

If you doubt the truth in this, attempt to sue your local police department for failing to prevent a crime that you have become a victim of, after you get laughed out of court, you'll understand that you're on your own.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Given the legal system that our country has, you can't depend on anyone but yourself for protection. Hopefully you live a life that you won't *need* protection, but things happen, bad things, even to good people. Generally my dealings with police post-crime are laughable. They either can't do anything, or won't unfortunately, and I think this leads back to the legal bindings that they have on their jobs. Kinda a double edged sword though, give police enough freedom to sufficiently protect people, and you run a very real risk of becoming a victim in MORE ways than before. That said, I'll be packing eventually.

I don't have any guns currently, but it's on the list of things to get sooner than later. Parents were gonna get me a 1911 a couple years back, but given that even cheap models cost 2-3x what a good Mossberg does, we all decided against it.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
I do not yet own a gun, but it is very high on my list of things I need to buy. One thing I will always remember is something my Grandpa once told me: "when guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns."

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^^^That's a good way to describe anywhere guns are outlawed. Who has handguns in DC? How about the UK? Who has handguns around here? Who knows, but not too many people are eager enough to do something dumb enough to find out either. ;)

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
^^Very true. Depending on what gets decided between my Uncle, myself, and possibly a few others I may be acquiring some guns in the near future that used to be my grandfather's.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Owning a gun isn't enough. Practice, practice, practice with it until you are able to draw, fire, clear a malfunction, reload and re-holster with your eyes closed. (Needless to say, I don't suggest firing with your eyes closed) Learn to recognize the different types of malfunctions and how to clear them. Learn to draw and fire with only one hand, both right and left. There are too many people that die with their gun still in their hands or in their holsters.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dunckel;1718618 said:
Owning a gun isn't enough. Practice, practice, practice with it until you are able to draw, fire, clear a malfunction, reload and re-holster with your eyes closed. (Needless to say, I don't suggest firing with your eyes closed) Learn to recognize the different types of malfunctions and how to clear them. Learn to draw and fire with only one hand, both right and left. There are too many people that die with their gun still in their hands or in their holsters.

It's very much like shifting while driving. When you've done it enough times, it becomes automatic. I've reached the point where it takes active though to not sweep the safety off while drawing because the entire motion from holster to on target has become so ingrained. Which is fine because good trigger discipline and the index finger on my right hand is the best safety I have anyway.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Dunckel;1718618 said:

I go to the range a decent amount, and I would say I am fairly proficient in the use of the 1911 Colt. I know how it works, and I can field strip it and get it back together correctly every time. I just need to get my own so that I can practice more until it becomes second nature. Then there is the problem of even getting a permit to carry here in Kommiefornia. Although I have heard that unloaded open carry is legal.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
A. Jay;1717842 said:
Awesome. I told my mom about this as a reason I don't like the idea of goverment taking our guns.She said that it's just that people would love for no one to have guns, that so many have died because of them. So I told her my theory: It's either good and bad people have guns, or good people don't (because they aren't allowed to) and bad people have them anyways. That's it, only two options. The only thing government can do about it is to provide a healthy economy (which is by leaving it alone) so that less people would feel the need to steal. What do you think guys, do I have it right?

Edit: Your post wasn't political, but I guess mine was huh lol. Btw, love this:

guns dont kill people, its the finger behind the trigger that does.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
jackmk2mk3;1718798 said:
Although I have heard that unloaded open carry is legal.

An unloaded gun is almost more dangerous than nothing. You'd be better off carrying a brick.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Exactly. I would never do that, but maybe it would make getting the permit to carry a loaded gun a little bit easier since its legal to open carry. Or maybe not. Either way I plan on eventually moving to Arizona someday, where it's a little easier to be a gun owner.