Does anyone make a roof brace?

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
My car feels real loose when the roof is off. is there any companies that make a brace for the roof? thought i seen some before but cant find any info on it. has anyone made one themself?

Last edited by a moderator:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
im gonna be making a couple braces for my car, prolly wont be as nice as the weezl wings but it should work.

i'll let u know when i do.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Got the shimmies?

Go check your subframe bolts. Toyota specifies checking those for proper torque as part of 'Basic Maintenance'.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
thanks for the info supracentral. now that i have pics of it im going to try to make one. also thinking of doing something like a soft top. i have a system in hatch so targa dosent fit anymore. thinking collapsable frame with leather or canvas material. anyone atemp this before?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've seen soft tops, but not ones that provide any rigidity or the ability to fold it up.

If you come up with either, please post up some pics.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
They are in the works!!!, I made a prototype set of Targa bars for my car a few years ago, and we will finally be putting these into production very soon. I used a simple but effective design using the stock mounting holes.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
Supracentral;1312373 said:
I've seen soft tops, but not ones that provide any rigidity or the ability to fold it up.

If you come up with either, please post up some pics.

i was thinking more for security on the soft top incase of rain of if i stop at a store. i will post pics if succesful.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
becauseican;1312417 said:
They are in the works!!!, I made a prototype set of Targa bars for my car a few years ago, and we will finally be putting these into production very soon. I used a simple but effective design using the stock mounting holes.

Hey Randy, any pictures of the prototype(s)?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
THere's someone on here that made one that worked like that. Drives a supra with a hotrod theme I believe. Nice car. I've really been curious to know how that works.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rajunz has one like that, but he didn't make it.

Only a few were made, and from what I understand they where a hassle to make...

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I've got the 2 diff. WeezL wings (1st and 2nd batch). They are awesome! The only thing better would be like what Rajunz has (where you can install the targa over it), but that is definitely a one-off and he said his fabricator would NEVER make another one (it was a really big PITA to make).

I keep meaning to make a canvas or vinyl cover that I could slip on using magnets or velcro (mostly for shade when it's parked... I have black leather seats), but have not gotten around to doing that.

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
Poodles;1313001 said:
Rajunz has one like that, but he didn't make it.

Only a few were made, and from what I understand they where a hassle to make...

I have one that fits with the targa on but I am looking for another one for another targa supra.

heres what mine looks like: (I believe it was made by suprahero a while back)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Captain;1313679 said:
I have one that fits with the targa on but I am looking for another one for another targa supra.

heres what mine looks like: (I believe it was made by suprahero a while back)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

any chance you could get a close up pic of where the brace bolts to the targa holes?

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
projectsupra;1313754 said:
Nope. :icon_wink

You both have supra in your SNs, I get confused sometimes.:D
You need to make another one.

(it was a long time ago too)

close up of the fronts
sm_photo_missing.jpg