DO NOT BUY Powerspirit CT26

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Hi Guys

So I purchased this :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-SP...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a70ece9cf

After halfway through removing my old turbo I decided to line the new one up for the heck of it. Made the noobish mistake of not checking to see if it would fit BEFORE i started removing the old one as I was told it was complete bolt on and assumed so.

p1826548_1.jpg

p1826548_2.jpg

p1826548_3.jpg

It so happens that the compressor housing is not facing downward like the original ct26 on a 7mgte. At first I thought it was an easy fix, simply rotate the compressor housings , but after speaking to their technical support he figured out that the design itself was incorrect as the wastegate could not move to turn the compressor housing. I'm sure it could work with some modification but this is sold as a bolt on unit. Doubt that an extension of the intercooler piping would work either as the orientation of the compressor housing causes it to hit the mani.

p1826548_4.jpg

p1826548_5.jpg

p1826548_6.jpg

Also , this turbo was purchased for $399 last month but is now being sold at $1399 for some reason. The photos are of the compressor housing in the incorrect position so I dont think they have fixed the problem.

p1826548_7.jpg

In any case , a warning out there to those that are thinking of buying this as a budget substitute for a stock ct26 - make sure you ask them if this problem is resolved first or look elsewhere.

PS: Id like to say that the return process to this seller was basically pain free and he did refund , however was not happy about the inconvenience caused to me as I had taken a day off work to remove and fit on the new turbo - and this was completely wasted.

Last edited:

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
aloshan;1826548 said:
PS: Id like to say that the return process to this seller was basically pain free and he did refund , however was not happy about the inconvenience caused to me as I had taken a day off work to remove and fit on the new turbo - and this was completely wasted.

What more can you ask for? Anyways I'm glad it's not an issue for you anymore and thank you for the heads up.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
A. Jay;1826551 said:
What more can you ask for? Anyways I'm glad it's not an issue for you anymore and thank you for the heads up.

That it would bolt on like I was told it was when I purchased it. He was a bit slow getting back to me , asking me to modify it , tried to get me to pay for postage etc. I refused , told him he dropped it off , he should pick it up,not paying for postage because of his f*ck up and if it isnt resolved asap then Im leaving negative feedback. that got him into action pretty quick,anyway just wanted give others a heads-up as they will assure you it is bolt on, but its not.

Also , are you I.J's brother? :)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I think you're pretty damn lucky to be able to return and get a refund for it.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up. Most people would be too ashamed to tell anybody they'd been had on an ebay deal. At least you warn us so it would happen to anybody else.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Suprapowaz!(2);1826567 said:

Oh, and thanks for the heads up. Most people would be too ashamed to tell anybody they'd been had on an ebay deal. At least you warn us so it would happen to anybody else.

well one of the reasons I purchased it was because I knew i could claim my warranty at the workshop 20min away from my house if something went wrong.also ct26's and high flowed turbos dont come our way cheap like it does in the states so we are forced to explore all budget options. its unlikely anyone on this forum would ever encounter or spend $400 on a stock ct26 from an virtually unknown company when much better value can be had in the states , but this is good information for the unlucky one that feels the urge to purchase this turbo

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Suprapowaz!(2);1826567 said:

+1.

You couldn't swap the OEM compressor housings around?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
It probably fits on one of the other applications for the CT26.... like the MR2, celica, landcruiser....

Seller probably just got his info screwed up when he said it would fit on the supra. Most ebay sellers who order a container shipment of stuff from a knock-off factory in china, slap a sticker on it, and resell it don't get their application info correct till they sell it to at least a few people who tell them they're wrong.

I'd be willing to bet the wheel sizes and exhaust a/r is different from the original turbo too.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
destrux;1826666 said:
It probably fits on one of the other applications for the CT26.... like the MR2, celica, landcruiser....
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! MR2 (SW20) used a CT26 in some years. Not sure about the Celica though, and I am completely unaware of a turbo Landcruiser...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Ebay is flooded with CT26 knockoffs that are designed to fit as upgrades/replacements on the 3SGTE celicas and diesel landcruisers, and even the older 22retc hilux pickups.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, if it's already pointed at the valve cover, get some piping and run a top mount intercooler. Talk about fast response! You'd have less than a foot of piping between the turbo and throttle. :D

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Buying that turbo was a stupid idea. Doesnt look like you learn a lesson since you are still buying no name parts from ebay. Did you try supraforum.au to check for local turbo rebuilder?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Ya considering your going to go T4 stated in your other thread in the up coming months, why not buy a used local one...

Your saying your trying to do it cheaply, but your willing to spend 550 on that turbo that you wont be able to resell for a fraction of cause its a china made, and then your going to spend more on a T4 setup in the next couple of months.

Hell it would costs 150 to ship a turbo from the states, and you can pick up a used turbo from the states for 150. $300 or less for a used known good turbo sounds like a better plan to me. Hope this turbo works out.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
toyotanos;1826721 said:
Diesel, iirc I think it was a ct20, though. I'll check into it later tonight.

It was a CT-26, but they are mounted upside down on the Land Cruiser:

landcruiser-ct26.JPG

aloshan;1827246 said:
bought this instead

You really are your own worst enemy...