DM 3" Stainless Catback

ghostmkiiiturbo

Aug 27, 2013
Florence, KY
I did some searching and could not find anyone asking about or using the this?

Anyone using the Drift Motion 3" stainless catback. I'm considering ordering one in the next few days. It seems like a seal for $360. Eliminates the need for a cat or test pipe as it should bolt straight to the DP.

I would be using a test pipe with any other catback so sounds perfect.

If anyone is using it can you tell me do the hangers match up with the stock hanger locations?

Hopefully Aaron will chime in here :)

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
This was the first mod I did to my car. Full 3", downpipe and "cat-back."
Bolted right up, included gaskets, hangers line up. I think you may need a 3" exhaust hanger for where the second cat used to be, I know I did. You may not.
Overall, easy to change out, maybe 20 minutes on a lift, and sounds amazing.

ghostmkiiiturbo

Aug 27, 2013
Florence, KY
What down pipe did you go with? I have a BIC DDP probably will get another one for my new mkiii(If anyone is selling a BIC DDP LMK because a new one is a 3-4 week wait). I couldn't find a DP on DM that is for the 7m with stock turbo Just the V-band DP for a t4.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Sounds great, fitment is okay (hits the rear subframe, but idk of a 3 inch exhaust that wouldn't) and sounds amazing.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am thinking of the same thing op, I was thinking of buying a cat then have a guy I know make the rest of the exhaust.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My HKS 3" catback doesn't hit the subframe and sports the twin tip muffler (its illegal where I live to "upgrade" your exhaust for increased noise... not that they police it heavily). I was using the Raptor DDP (loved it), but since I went T4.. its sitting in the garage. Thinking of selling, but I buy so many MK3's I may keep and use it. With shipping/modification/test pipe, I think I am into it for about 850.00... lol.
(all my exhaust flanges have to be 100% flat... no warp or I wont put them on my car. I hate leaky stressed flanges. Bugs me that nobody takes the time to machine the flanges perfectly flat after welding... no way to avoid the warpage with the amount of welding required)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
That's honestly the problem with my dm exhaust. The flanges are likely warped slightly so it barely touches the subframe

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Like I said.. its a pet peeve.. lol. I wont even describe the 3" elbow I got from them.. lol. Aaron admitted it was probably the worst one he had seen. Its currently a paper weight on my desk... :D

I have the DM exhaust. I love it. It was an easy install and it sounds great. I also got the DM DP with it. Great for the price and it doesn't sound terrible like most other cheap exhaust. Only thing I don't really like about it, is that it sticks 1-2 inch out from the rear bumper. Plus I don't like the look of the big fart can in the back.

ghostmkiiiturbo

Aug 27, 2013
Florence, KY
IndigoMKII;1966757 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUOQaebd9Q

This is my car. The mods are in my sig. This is a warm idle with DM downpipe and DM catback with the silencer removed.

If you couldn't find the ct26 downpipe on DM, you didn't look very hard. http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-3inchdpwithelbow7m-gte.php

I might be selling mine soon, has roughly 5k miles on it.[/QUOTE

Thanks a ton I have only looked under the MK3 and 1JZ 2JZ swap sections at DM. I see its under the Turbo/Exhaust Section.

Looks like a good DP and comes standard with the WB bung too.

Will listen to your video when I get home.

ghostmkiiiturbo

Aug 27, 2013
Florence, KY
Sounds good at idle not very loud which appeals to me. I'm going to purchase the DM catback for sure. You can't beat the price especially because of it replacing the cat/test pipe.

Thanks everyone for your input.

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
Thinking about getting this exhaust as well, sounds like the only issue it it may hit the rear sub frame and some flanges may be warped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
The flanges being warped are because they're not supported during welding and the gasket is normally thick enough to seal.

It does rub against the subframe.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The only exhaust peice I have ordered that wasn't warped was the HKS catback.

The rest all needed a little machining. To me its worth it long term to get it flat, but generally speaking, no supplier (other than perhaps HKS) worries about it. It's just nature of the beast.

But whatever you do get, check it, because if it's excessive you'll develop a leak later

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
I need a new cat delete exhaust for my 89 Supra NA Chump Car racer build. I have to use the stock exhaust manifold and downpipe or get bagged for penalty laps. This DM system looks like it might work. Will it be less than 92db at 50 feet at WOT? My only other choice would be a custom system using a Magnaflow muffler and I think that would probably be more $$ and time.