DIY: R-12 to R-134a Conversion (How To)

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Emeraldage;2072213 said:
Just checking on this again, I'm abotu to redo my system. I'm going 2jz which has a r134a compressor. Is it possible to still use r12?

Another important question, where can I still get the paralell flow condensor? I've gotten a few part numbers looking stuff up, one being 1039293 from american condensor. Is this right?

Great thread! Can anyone confirm this part number above or if anyone recently got a parallel flow condenser, can you share which brand/model condenser you got? Thanks all.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought mine from Carpartswholesale.com part number P39293P. I recently replaced my condenser, compressor, dryer, and expansion valve following this guide for the most part and now my AC blows ice cold. You might have to bend a bracket that holds one of the suction tubes to make it fit but that's about it.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Doat;2079173 said:
I bought mine from Carpartswholesale.com part number P39293P. I recently replaced my condenser, compressor, dryer, and expansion valve following this guide for the most part and now my AC blows ice cold. You might have to bend a bracket that holds one of the suction tubes to make it fit but that's about it.
Thanks for the info. Was it recent? I guess they are discontinued, they don't have it in the link provided and other places which pop-up with that part #

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
How different are the 89+ condensers? The ones ive found show only for 86/87 model years...

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Can somebody help me on that :
I have a 2JZ swap. The 2JZ already has an R134 compressor on..., so the car's A/C system is left with only one charging port which is located on the hard line that is located on the right side of the condenser , since the other port was originally on the 7M compressor which is no longer on the car! What's the deal now with only one charging port??

Last , on a MA70 7M Supra mk3 ,which charging port is the Low pressure and which the High pressure ???

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
supranaut;2079388 said:
How different are the 89+ condensers? The ones ive found show only for 86/87 model years...

Yes, I would like to know that... Seems the auto-shops have two types 86-87 , and the 87 type. Which one will do for the 87+ models?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
SupraClaou;2094545 said:
According to the TSRM and Cygnusx1 the LOW pressure port is located on the 7M compressor manifold isn't it? And the HIGH pressure port is on the hard line near the dryer/condenser...

Yes. The compressor manifold has two lines. One is suction and the other is discharge. The low pressure port is on the suction line.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The low pressure port can only be between the pressure drop and compressor. On any car. Some are convenient, like with an orifice tube, which we don't have.