Disturbed1's MZ20 Soarer

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
what happened to your cool air intake? a bit concerned about puddles or flooding? or what? honestly, I'd be concerned about picking up water.... just curious tho.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
that duct had a pod filter attached to it. wasnt concerned about anything. was just made for the gt30 and since motor currently had the t78 on it -0 it doesnt fit :(

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
disturbed1;1362465 said:
even if the mounts were fully insulated, the actual core of the raditor sits hard up against the chassis. how long did it take for yours to corrode? had mine on the car for about 2 years now.....

I would insulate the rad if I were you, the stock mounts are rubber for this reason. Not sure of the age, but mine was in the car when I bought it, and the leaks appeared after a few 1000 miles.

I picked up a heavy duty mountain bike inner tube, and cut it up to use as an insulating material. It's a nice soft rubber that is about 2mm thick.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
happy man today!

my coilovers i purchased off yahoo japan arrived. very happy with the condition, only 1 broken plastic adjuster know which can be easily glued back together

they weigh 4.7 kilos a pop compared to my old tein ha's of 7.8 and 6.3 kilos, so a nifty saving of 9.4 kilos.

unsure if they are going in the daily soarer or the track supra but on th elook out for some swift springs to suit them which would shed another 4kilos total off the coilovers. need to investigate picking the right spring rates first based off the wheel rates so if anyone has good experienc ein this area - speak up. atm they currently have progressive springs if u couldnt tell, not sure what the benefits of them are?? smoother??

anyway - heres some pics. they are aragosta type s (standard)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
was trolling ebay yesterday for 355mm rotors to potentially upgrade the front brakes to a larger diameter - thus eliminiating the need to run 5mm spacers (spoke design of rims suit larger brakes) and stumbled across a whole 355 stoptech st-40 BBK for mega cheap. instantly hit the buy it now button so will patiently wait and see if ive been had or if i got a bargain.

btw - fitted the aragostas up and they are awesome bit of gear - highly recomended if any pop up for sale at a reasonable price. i wouldnt be spending 5k retail on a new set unless i was rolling in cash though

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
well pretty lame update but is one nethertheless

decided not to change the brakes to the existing 332xf40 kit still remains but i did upgrade the swaybars to ARC items.

well a impulse buy off yahoo auctions but i always wanted some so bit the bullet and got raped to the tune of $650 AUS.. stripped them down to bare metal and gave them a fresh coat of blue paint to match my cusco strutbrace etc..

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
been busy shoppong on yahoo tonight

picked up one of these buggers - always wanted one since seeing one on a supramania members car

shoul dhave in about a 2 weeks time all going well

rx7fc3s180-img600x450-1261841419ulzzsz37169.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
havent updated this thread in a while....

got stuck in a hail storm about a year ago which covered the car in plenty of speed dimples for greater fuel efficiency.
although it still looks decent from distance, cant justify a full respray so have been contempleting the fate of the soarer eve rsince.

after the storm - i bought a ma70 with immac interior and so far, im about 70% of the way through a lexus v8 conversion so this may end up replacing the soarer.

although the love for the soarer is no longer there, untill i make that final descision im in the process of trying to recoup some cash by slowely returning it back to as stock as possible. as such, i have sold the meisters from the car and curretnly rockign a set of work equip o1s which i bought for the supra (with plans to add wider outter rings with more dish).

not a very common wheel so thought id share some pics. i rekon they will look mint on my black a70 with an extra inch or 2 dish!

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
got a defect notice because the front windscreen had a crack from the hail storm. was no way it would ever pass a pit inspection.

will transfer all the brakes etc over to my replacement daily (1uz a70) and try sell off all my 7mgte bits and pieces. going to move away from performance dailies and stick with a comfortable daily and my track hack

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
No way.. mz20 is so rare, But best of luck with your 1uz, But why not replace the windscreen? I could imagine sourcing one would be difficult, but couldn't be more expensive than funding a mark 3 build?