Disturbed1's MZ20 Soarer

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
hey attended a skidpan/track day the otherday - had an absolute ball. the brembos feel at home for once. its scary driving it around town on everday commuting knowing im eating through 600 dollar pads and god know how much for rotors

heres a tiny bit of footage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVcCJg6K-0

also entered in 1 of perths biggest car event aswel called motorvation - its spread over 2 days and most entrants (was a total of 900) camped down there so is a social event aswel as a car event

was great fun all round.

here are some pics of my car along with my mates in out made up club 'WOTLAW'

p914340_1.jpg

p914340_2.jpg

p914340_3.jpg

p914340_4.jpg

p914340_5.jpg

p914340_6.jpg

p914340_7.jpg

dsc0457sxj6.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
all i need now is samco radiator hoses and titan cam gears to finish off the looks department. oh and fill up the engines bay holes and respray it

p4090100ca5.jpg

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
I got a red Samco rad hose if you are interested :). Only the upper one though, changing to a polished pipe and the silicone one was only used for like 300 k's. BTW that red Soarer, thats your friend with the Turbonetics GTK right? Tell me more about it on MSN sometime :p

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
unfortunately the build up was pretty much already done b4 i posted on this forum so theres not really much to update and when i do - its nothing to exciting :(

this should change however when im ready to go built motor and weld in cage

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
xsjado;1047085 said:
I got a red Samco rad hose if you are interested :). Only the upper one though, changing to a polished pipe and the silicone one was only used for like 300 k's. BTW that red Soarer, thats your friend with the Turbonetics GTK right? Tell me more about it on MSN sometime :p

no thanks - blue/black hoses for me.

1jzmonster - his on supraforums.com.au (send him a pm yourself) :)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
reviving this thread from the dead...

car used to have tein ha's which got replaced for about 6 months with cusco zeros. always wasnted a set of aragostas for the soarer so just ordered some today of yahoo auctions so have an anxious 8ish week wait for those to arrive

they look like these

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also ordered soem titan cam gears for a bit of wank factor in the engine bay as the stock ones just dont cut it

Last edited:

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
back in business with a running car!!

theres a dyno day on next week ill most likely slap it on. see what my street tuning equates to roughly

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
IJ.;1360704 said:
I feel your pain Chris :(

Not a bad box as such just really fragile synchros let it down.

took it for its first drive yesterday....... still has the squealign noises suffered before but after about 20 ks they have gone away. making me think if its the bronze shifter fork pads.

gearbox felt real notchy at first but seems to be bedding in a bit. downshifts beautifully but still not sold on 3rd gear upshifts, just get the feelign its gonna crunch big time if i dont slowely let it slip in when it wants to, esp 3rd.

im a bit concerned that although i took 3 mm off the rear clutch hub so it doesnt bottom out, im wonderign if when i press the clutch and theres a bit more room for the plates to move around.

tried preloading the clutch slave lat time to see if it wasnt releasign the clutch enough....i think that fucked up the seals in the slave (leakign a bit of fluid) so off to buy a new one on money.

heres the motor as it sits...so happy with the cams and no backing plate look. just need to make up some aluminium hard pipes for the radiator and mount the fuel pressure reg somewhere closer to the motor as i hate it on the strut tower.

cant wait to fill up all the holes in bay and give it a respray!!

p7091630.jpg

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Be careful, have a real close look at your top rad mounts. Mine were grounding out on the rad, the koyo mounts are too narrow. Mine suffered internal corrosion and had a good 20-30 tiny pinhole leaks.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
even if the mounts were fully insulated, the actual core of the raditor sits hard up against the chassis.

how long did it take for yours to corrode? had mine on the car for about 2 years now.....