Distance between 7M and shock tower?

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Hey all, hopefully someone has done this before and knows - I'm putting my engine (7m) together on the stand and the exhaust manifold i'm using is forcing me to add a big spacer to keep the compressor housing from hitting the manifold but the angle of the T4 flange has it pushing the turbo out rather than up (crappy manifold design - should probably just chuck it).

Does anyone know the distance from the head to the shock tower? Like some known point like a spark plug or valve cover ridge to the shock tower?

I don't want to go to drop the engine in and have it not fit.

Thanks!

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
When I posted this I knew the board's resident douchebag would reply with something proving that he has no reading comprehension as usual.

I'll say it so you can understand - derp, the engine's not in the car derp, rather than trying to guesstimate based on where the engine mount is, I figured someone has done this before

You, Nick M, are the worst person on this board and the reason I almost never come here anymore, you try to post on every thread and pretend like you know what you're talking about but you either misunderstand 90% of the questions asked or are just plain fuckin retarded. Simply the worst person in the Supra community bar none

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I'll measure mine for you after work. Keep in mind the engine mounts will allow for small amounts of side to side play so my measurements may not match yours exactly when your engine is in.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
It's about 10.5" from the side of the head right where the valve cover sits to the inside of the shock tower.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Dan88t;2077179 said:
When I posted this I knew the board's resident douchebag would reply with something proving that he has no reading comprehension as usual.

How do you expect to measure it? And whatever you do, don't plan ahead.

You, Nick M, are the worst person on this board and the reason I almost never come here anymore

Don't ask such an idiot question about how to measure. I was being polite, but you lack the capacity to know any better. Much like the capacity to use a tape measure.