Disconnecting speed sensor to get rid of speed limiter causing problems on Soarer 1JZ

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Read on here that on manual transmission cars all you had to do to bypass the JDM 180kph speed limiter was to cut the pink speed sensor wire at the ECU. This does work to get rid of the speed cut.... but my car also refused to idle normally after I did it. It was idling really low, just on the verge of stalling. Most cars up the idle while the car's moving to compensate for power used by the brake booster, this seems to be what the ECU wasn't doing. I should also mention that my soarer swap is using an automatic ECU, that might be affecting something.

So I reconnected the wire (and normal idle resumed) till I can buy a SLD...

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i'm running a 1jz auto soarer ecu and when i cut the pink wire it had no affect on the way my motor ran, make sure you cut the correct one because from what i remember there was more than one pink wire

JP85MX73

May 24, 2010
NY
mines cut... my idle sucks to begin with so i could comment on that. besides a check engine light it works fine

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
You can also put in a switch and connect it in the glove box. When you know you will be doing some high speeds, you can flip the switch.

I did that untill I got my mines ecu:)

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
My idle is a little rough cause of bad injectors (they leak a little bit) already, maybe I'll try it again after I get some different injectors in. The car idles at ~500 with the wire disconnected though, it definitely had an effect on the idle speed. Just barely runs.

I'm pretty sure I did the right wire, but I'll double check that too. It was in the yellow M1 body plug, it's yellow with a red stripe coming from the cluster and pink going to the ecu after the M1 plug.