Disappearing coolant ???

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I have a disappearing coolant issue. No visible leaks anywhere and temp gauge is reading perfect. Seems to only dissipate when I drive. Anyone have any ideas? A little background for those unfamiliar with my car...fresh crank, headgasket, thrust washers, front and rear main, all done march of this year. Car smokes for a few seconds on cold startup only. Blue smoke. 80k original miles

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

check oil to make sure coolant is not mixing with oil..i had the same problem and then my car started smoking did a tear down n i had a crack in cylinder 5!!! don't kno if it the same problem but if it is don't let yours get as bad as mines look into it asap!

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Don't know how to pressure test the 7m, but I will check and see if oil is mixing with the coolant.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
hows the elbows of death? sounds like a pinhole leak near the manifold, and its not leaking to the ground as it evaporates on the hot manifold

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Also check the lines from the radiator to the overflow tank. If those get a small hole in them, they'll push coolant out as the engine gets hot, and suck air back in as it cools off. Don't forget the pickup line in the overflow itself.