digital combination keypad starter kill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Here's my opinion:

I would hate to be: 1) in a hurry. 2) Have the alarm malfuction.

I would: 1) hook it up to the ignition and not the starter, reason being, If you have a 5 speed, you can still push start it. 2) Hook up a by pass, in case your system fails

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You can do better:

http://tinyurl.com/45vcln

The brain recognition one is kind of slick. Too bad it won't work for many here ;)

Seriously, skip the gimmicks and either install a good aftermaket alarm or do the simple rewire that makes the stock one cut the fuel pump circuit instead of the starter, the way Toyota should have done it in the first place....

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Hahaha! Thats the reaction I was expecting. I did fail to mention this will not be a every day car. I have 2 others to drive. So I was doing some google searching for some way to protect from the bad guys... :) I think I am going to do my original idea. I am going to park it in my back yard and get a good car cover. All I have to do is knock down 1/2 a wall and make a bigger gate then I can drive right back. My back yard is big enough to actually build a 2 car garrage, (wish I could afford that!!)

Thanks for not kicking me to hard for the "Transporter" idea.. its not even as nice looking as the movie one hahaha..

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
There ain't no starter/fuel pump kill in the world that's going to stop someone from picking the car up with a tow-truck and hauling it away...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Dont do a start kill system if the ignition still haves power all they have to do is turn the engine by push starting.

Also if your theft deterrent stops a would be theif from taking your car they will vabdalize it 90% of the time if they got inside your car.

The best thing is to kill the whole ignition + starter with your alarm but the 100% best thing is a GPS locator in the car so when they take your car while they are driving around they get nailed! because if the take your car by force and drive it its GTA (felony) if they only break inside your car and damage it its only vandalism or breaking and entry if your car was locked at the time.

Also my standalone haves a keypad disabling built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.