Different Windshield Wipers?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Well my wipers are old and alittle rusty and I don't like the bolt-on type wiper where you have to replace the blade and can't just get the newer type clip-on blades.

So are there any other Wiper arms off another Toyota that will bolt onto our cars?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Why not buy an adapter, so that you can use clip-on type wipers?

Also, the original wipers are great, I use nothing but. Worth it to buy new ones from Toyota, replacing the blades is cheap and easy, cheaper than buying new wipers all the time, and they work better.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
But I get 'free' wipers from my work:naughty: , we don't sell just replacement blades.
Happen to know how much new Wipers from Toyota are though?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I sanded every black metal surface of my rear wiper arm and repainted it. Looks great, and one of these days I'm going to do the same with my windshield wipers. It's free, too. Well, minus a little spray paint and a bit of time.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I did the same, well to my fronts, I am going to remove my rear wiper and antenna and have the body filled in when I get my car painted... anyways... my wiper arms work with the standard clip on wipers.. maybe they are aftermarket wiper arms?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I use standard clip on blades...

I used a bench grinder + wire wheel to clean up my wiper arms. Sanded a lil bit, primer, paint, clear= Nice shiny black wiper arms (which have since chipped a bit and are rusting again)

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
I kept my standard Toyota arms and just replaced the inserts as has been said. As far as the arm goes it is very easy to clean up with a little sand paper and then some Krylon #1613 semi flat black spray paint. This worked great for me and I still have the original arms which look almost like new.

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
billspreston01 said:
I used a bench grinder + wire wheel to clean up my wiper arms. Sanded a lil bit, primer, paint, clear= Nice shiny black wiper arms (which have since chipped a bit and are rusting again)

I did the same, wire wheel, high grit sander, then painted them. They looked great for awhile but are starting to fade again.

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
ValgeKotkas said:
I repainted my rear viper also, haven't got time to do the fronts though...

You painted your viper? i wish i had one to play around with(talking about the car not the snake)

Yea im going to take mine off tomorrow and paint mine... i was looking at them the other day thinking that i need to paint them

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
bigal0043 said:
You painted your viper? i wish i had one to play around with(talking about the car not the snake)

Yea im going to take mine off tomorrow and paint mine... i was looking at them the other day thinking that i need to paint them

Yesofcoors:naughty:, only the rear viper, I have some vipers in front too, so many many nice,not repainted, vipers (read wiper as of now:icon_razz)
Sry, my mistake