Different BOV's

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
So i've searched around on here and couldnt find a thread about bov's I want one that has the butterfly sound. ( Thats what i've heard them called) What are a couple good brands and models that have that sound. Thanks in advance.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1212989 said:
butterfly = compressor surge = bad for turbo

Where is that the more you know thing from NBC or w/e
LOL

TIAL here, its pretty loud, I run open DP and you can here it over the exhaust.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
running a GReddy Type S here i love the sound of it its pretty loud when i let off enough to get people to turn and look.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
profnq4.png

Prof SheepDog. These are like, rare er something lol. I got mine of a member who IIRC got it off shaeff.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
^haha

i got a hks ssqv and i love it :D
turns heads? of course :icon_bigg
it'll gimme some butterfly in the morning after the car's warmed up and the bov isn't.:icon_wink
yeah that's right, that's what i said:wave:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
The hks ssqv seems to be the most common by far. My bro and cousin have one, I don't like it at all.

The tial on the other hand is baaaaaaddd. I love the sound of the whoosh of the air. :icon_bigg

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Tial's are pretty good, I also like the HKS SSQV (Thats what I am running, no issues with it, ive heard the hong kong sport knockoff however is a POS so if u go this route buy the actual HKS one) the HKS racing BOV is great too if you're on higher boost.

Whatever you do do not buy the RFL BOV it sounds horrible and leaks boost like mad, a 240 in town has one on his sr20 and its a total POS