Did some engine detailing over the weekend

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Spent most of yesterday rebuilding the engine bay with all my newly powder coated parts.
Started of by fitting new plugs while it was in bits. Quite happy with the results. The guys did a great job with the parts. I have a set of silver cam covers for sale now that I had done at the same time.
Thought i would post this as well a pic of the engine when i brought the car all those years ago. Might inspire some of the new owners that no matter how dirty it is to start with it can be cleaned and polished.
p1913949_1.jpg

parts before I started.

p1913949_2.jpg

Working progress

p1913949_3.jpg

p1913949_4.jpg

All put together

p1913949_5.jpg

p1913949_6.jpg

p1913949_7.jpg

p1913949_8.jpg

Happy with the results. Upside as well might have cured the stalling. Did not do it today, revs a tad high but that might be the throttle cable being to tight. I did alter it slightly although I would say its not tight like that. Another bonus is the power steering feels much better than it ever has. Only topped up the bottle on refitting. If I could get all the old out it would be great.

Hope y'all like it.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm most worried about the heat shield on the turbo. Powder coat or not, I have doubts it'll take that kinda heat and cool cycling. Mine didn't. Very nice bay though. Funny how a car always feels, better after a good wax, clean, once over etc.