Did small burnout and now transmission won't shift into gear while engine is running.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
FYI: you're installing the clutch the hard way (and it's likely to bend the pressure plate). PP is bolted to the flywheel after tranny is installed for a reason.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I know. Nice catch. I just mocked it up for the pick. I left it like that over the weekend at work and didn't want to lose any bolts so I hand tightened them all in.

It's been 50 miles of breaking it in so far and all hissing noises has ceased. Engagement is very smooth and no chatter at all. Pedal pressure feels crazy heavy now for some reason. When I drove my Celica today it felt strange with that factory clutch. lol

Haven't gotten into boost yet so no telling if it's hold my power. Hope so.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Pedal pressure is crazy heavy because you put a crazy heavy pressure plate in it... Those flywheels are known to fuse.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I knew it's a heavy pp when I decided to go with it. Never heard of a factory Aisin disk fusing to the flywheel. Weird thing is the pedal feel has gotten heavier with break-in. I would think that the opposite would be true, or no change at all.