Did a photoshoot with the car today.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i think the shave job looks great, wouldn't mind leaving the front and rear. i like the rear quarter panel with no seam, for reference i think the BIC car still has the seam

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
87M-GTE;1232618 said:
Great looking car! I havent seen it around here before, do you have a build thread or more pics/specs? that car is sick!

Sam

The car belonged to a member on here prior to my buying so he may have had an old build thread on it. I'll be making my build thread when I finally get to doing the 1J swap and more.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Great work. Both with the car and with the camera. I don't say that too often. ;)

The tinted signals look great. I think I may go that route with mine. I love how the car has been shaved. In my opinion, this is the only way to do it where the car looks normal. If you do the rest it doesn't look right where the panels meet.

I agree with those that say the car needs a different lip. Any lip would work but whatever you do, leave it black. I love how all the black pieces play off each other.

With the photography, I like many of the locations you chose. You have a good eye for composition. In particular I like the use of symmetry under the overpass and how the train tracks lead your eye into the shot to the subject. My only thoughts are that you should pay attention to trees and poles growing out of your hood/roof. Moving your feet/car a bit more might help get rid of these problems. You should also pay attention to the reflections. Stupid cars acting like a mirror is a pain and hard to shoot around but it can be done. Also, I think you may have bumped up the saturation a bit much. Seems like you are losing a bit of detail such as panel gaps.

Overall, great work. Such a treat to look at pictures where someone has put some thought into it. Instead of the standard driveway/garage/parking lot shots. :)

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
Sawbladz;1233331 said:
Great work. Both with the car and with the camera. I don't say that too often. ;)

The tinted signals look great. I think I may go that route with mine. I love how the car has been shaved. In my opinion, this is the only way to do it where the car looks normal. If you do the rest it doesn't look right where the panels meet.

I agree with those that say the car needs a different lip. Any lip would work but whatever you do, leave it black. I love how all the black pieces play off each other.

With the photography, I like many of the locations you chose. You have a good eye for composition. In particular I like the use of symmetry under the overpass and how the train tracks lead your eye into the shot to the subject. My only thoughts are that you should pay attention to trees and poles growing out of your hood/roof. Moving your feet/car a bit more might help get rid of these problems. You should also pay attention to the reflections. Stupid cars acting like a mirror is a pain and hard to shoot around but it can be done. Also, I think you may have bumped up the saturation a bit much. Seems like you are losing a bit of detail such as panel gaps.

Overall, great work. Such a treat to look at pictures where someone has put some thought into it. Instead of the standard driveway/garage/parking lot shots. :)

Thanks so much for all the compliments, especially with the photography. I just bought this Nikon D60 camera at the beginning of the month, a few days later had surgery, so this is really the first chance to REALLY play with it outdoors and such other than just taking a few shots the first day I got it. The reflections were really bad mainly because the time of day I went out to shoot (as the sun was setting) and some of the pics were taken in areas where the sunset just shines in way too much. I guess you can say this was more a trial run to get an idea of how all these locations work out. I'll also look into the saturation as well. I agree too about poles and such growing out of the car (hehe) and try to look for that as much as possible. Sometimes it is hard to avoid though. Please let me know of any other tips you may have. It sounds like you're a photography person. :)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I am gonna go out and say This is My fav Supra mk3 soo far... The car is beautiful, props to ya man. I will also say these are my fav pics of a Supra soo far too... :)