Diablo Sport Injectors???

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with these injectors?? I'm pretty much a noob with Supras (only owned one for a couple of months) and I'm in the middle of doing my first headgasket (what was I thinking???) and the p.o. told me the car had the notorious Venom injectors but when I got everything apart I noticed they were "Diablo Sport Racing" 550 injectors. I did notice they had etching on the side that suggests they were flowcharted in June of '03. Should I trust them? On a related note, has anyone ever started their first headgasket job and once the engine was tore apart began wondering how they were going to get it back together? As hard as some of the bolts and nuts were to get off I'm starting to wonder how the heck I'm going to get it back together. Oh well, I'll just have to take my time and hope for the best. Thanks for any input.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Don't know about those Injectors never heard of that brand.
Headgasket jobs are soooooo fun.......:cry: Just take your time and label EVERYTHING. Replace the water pump, timing belt, every gasket, hose, and seal you can while your in there; you will thank yorself later.:naughty:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
diablo ??? lol as in devil?

Dude all you have to do is search the world wide web to see if any other cars use them. I dunno maybe the go-kart guys like them. I would stick with the proven brands Denso, RC, and think its PTE ..... i think thats their name

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I tried searching the internet but came up with nothing. They do look as if they were cleaned and flow-charted in 2003 so I'm going to trust them for now due to a lack of an extra $500 sitting around for new RC's.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
It's likely a rebranded injector. Some tuners/shops logo their injectors. There are a couple of sets of "Supracentral" injectors out there :) (They are rebranded RC's).

Post all the numbers & markings on them and I can probably tell you what they really are.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
A little off topic but, where is the Best place to get injectors cleaned and flow tested? Price is important but not as much as quality.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
bowsercake said:
A little off topic but, where is the Best place to get injectors cleaned and flow tested? Price is important but not as much as quality.

RC Engineering will clean, balance, calibrate and return your injectors in 24 hours with a completely detailed, computerized summary for $24 per injector.

This is probably the best bang for the buck for the average high performance owner.

If money is no object, RC does a very good job with their ProCal service. With this service they go nuts and do things like:

• strobe light examination of injector spray patterns
  • oscilloscope analysis of how the injector reacts to driver signals
  • measured from .5 milliseconds to continuous flow
  • tests injectors at pressures up to 125 psi
  • if variable voltages are used, RC will test injectors at any customer specified voltage between five and 14 volts.
But it's HELLACIOUSLY expensive. $150 per injector. Good for race teams and lunatics like myself or IJ. ;)

http://www.rceng.com/Fuel-Injector-...?UserID=383637&SessionID=6CPEdIJCyllZvyCOO4ja

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Supracentral said:
It's likely a rebranded injector. Some tuners/shops logo their injectors. There are a couple of sets of "Supracentral" injectors out there :) (They are rebranded RC's).

Post all the numbers & markings on them and I can probably tell you what they really are.
I WANT THOSE :D

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
Ok, so I admit I'm an idiot. I went to the barn where my car's torn apart to get some pics of the alleged "Diablo Sport Racing" injectors and turns out they're "Dark Side Racing" injectors. Must have had "DSR" in my head and translated it wrong when I put the post up. They have numbers etched into them: 49.4, 49.0, 49.1, 49.3, 49.4, 49.0. I assume those are lbs/hr ratings but I'm not sure. The injectors have original #'s on them: 2272 on the top opposite the clip, D1151BA on the left w/ the clip facing toward me, and 102 on the right w/ the clip facing me. I'm assuming they're reconditioned stock injectors but I'm not sure. I've got pics on my computer but Supramania's not letting me attatch them. Upon searching for "Dark Side Racing" online I saw they worked mostly with drag cars and things of that nature. Should I trust these injectors??? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I finally got the pictures up. Yes, simply buying new injectors would certainly solve any questions but unfortunatley not all of us can simply "buy new" whenever we're unsure of something. Not to mention finding an extra $350 sitting around especially during Christmas is kinda hard to do. Thanks for the advice though.

Attachments

• injectors 007.jpg
    injectors 007.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 6
  • injectors 009.jpg
    injectors 009.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 6