Des Moines Kill Tally

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Any updates guys? I know this is a old thread just figured I'd post here first. Nice to hear about some Des Moines area guys and was wondering if you guys still meet up?

I'm up in Ames and raced a 2011 Mustang GT manual tonight. Sounded pretty good, but I didn't get to ask if he had any mods only thing I noticed was the mustang was full. 3 guys and 2 girls vs just me in the supra. My car is running 16 psi on an sp61gt.

I was driving through town on Lincoln and saw him trying to catch up so I made a turn onto duff to head out towards the highway. 2 stoplights from the turnoff we both hit a red light... They waved at me at I waved back. But, I knew that he was going to take off on green. He reved and about that same time the light turned green. I didn't launch since I'm trying to take it easy on my car so from the stop he hammered me with his launch, but I was slowly catching up when we let off. Then we hit the highway and did a few 50 mph pulls. He'd get a small jump on me since I was just listening for him to punch it, however, by the top of 2nd I pulled back even with him. By the time I hit the top of 3rd i was about a car to a car and a half ahead and still pulling on him. That was plenty fast for me so I hit the brakes haha.

Ran up against a 350z a few weeks ago that wanted to race, but he said on three and instead went on the green light. I tried to give it a go and was reeling him in second but with his jump there was no way in hell I was going to catch him until we were well over 100, and I decided that it wasn't worth it and let out at the top of second.

Sorry if this doesn't pertain since its not in Des Moines exactly.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Hi i got a update on some kills! I ran a wrx when I first did my single swap on my 1jz was only running wastegate pressure which was only 6-7 psi and he got the hit right off the bat but once I hit my full boost I ran right by him had him by 3 cars by the time I got out of 33rd.also ran a new ford focus ST mildly nodded exhaust intake and freak tune on e85 he get the jump on a 40 roll no brake boost for me and I would just reel him in so fast each time 60 roll was different he would hang on a little bit longer but I would just pull gradually had him by a couple car lengths this was all on 10psi as I'm still on stock fuel with my single turbo.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Thanks! Yeah that must be me lol. I have also raced a few cars when I went downtown a few times on the bridge on 9th. Ran a acura rsx and just destroyed him and raced a sil80 with a rb20 and had him by a 3 - 4 car lengths

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
10psi I'm at 306hp. I made 301hp on stock twins 12psi. But I'm starting to lean out since I'm on stock fuel system even pump. But won't be this spring

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I had a couple. All from a dig.

Foxbody Mustang, HCI, Slicks, Gears. 10+ cars. 1/8th mile race.

Subaru Legacy, Made 711whp. 7+ cars in the 1/4 mile.