Deleting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Is there a way for me to delete my account? I'm just done with supras for a while and have no need for the account. If it can't be deleted that is fine, just wanting to know.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Deleting accounts is a tricky thing, and as a rule we just don't do it. The problem is, either we dig through at the database level and yank anything with your user ID - posts, PMs, wall messages, etc, etc, or we leave them, and they become not linked to a user account. The first option is incredibly tedious. The second tends to corrupt the database.

So, essentially once you've posted, your information becomes part of the internet, and will be there in some form likely forever.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've deleted accounts in the past, but generally they are new users with few posts. This user has 949 posts.

Just don't login anymore. I can wipe the email subscriptions for you.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Yeah I didnt care if the posts that I have made were still here because there are many in the drag section that I have posted that would be of value to drag racers. I just was hoping that my account wouldnt be active to recieve emails and or pm's. So I was hoping just to delete it if I could. But I have a lot of posts and dont want to make any additional work for anyone so I just won't post on the site anymore. However can someone please delete my thread in the forsale section. I haven't posted here in over a year and I post a for sale add then started getting the resoponses that I was hoping not to get from broke ass MK3 owners, just tired of dealing with the same old crap with the same noob questions and the cheap ass MK3 owners now a days.

But I have talked with all of you that has posted in the past and it has been fun! but I'm done and wish you all the best

If you could wipe the email stuff that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.