Deck wont turn on

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I have a Pioneer Avic-N1 and I cant seem to get it powered up. What I mean is that it doesn't turn on. When I remove the face plate the security light on the deck blinks, but the deck doesnt turn on. (ie: no display, sound, not even the sound of it turning on). Any help is needed

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i work on these. if it doesnt detect the faceplate it will not turn on. obv you have power, or the sec light wouldnt blink. this means either the faceplate is defective (not likely unless it got dropped, wet, etc), the contacts are dirty, or there is a problem w/ the 5v detect circuit. easiest thing to do is clean the contacts w/ a pencil eraser and retry. be sure you blow off any eraser shavings. if this does not work, i'm afraid you are gonna have to get it looked at. is it under warranty?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Is this a recent problem? Was the deck working before?

dbsupra90:

Most units also have a mechanical switch which needs to be triggered before they try the faceplate. On Sony decks you can just hold the little button in, insert a CD and it'll start playing. Same goes for my Kenwood.

I'm not "in the know" about Pioneer's decks, do they have one of those switches? Most do, it's so the radio will remain playing while the face is folded down, but not removed.

Also, just because the security light blinks it doesn't mean he has anything more than the memory power connected. I assume they still use the two power input scheme other make use? One full on, and one switched.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Yeah, thereare two power soorces. ACC and 12V constant.

I had minor intermittent problems with having to press firmly on the faceplate for the deck to turn on. I'll try cleaning the contacts, and take a look at the pin that detects the face plate.

If this doesn't, it going to the installer on friday. I just want to see everything myself before they start trying to BS me.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Suprastic said:
Yeah, thereare two power soorces. ACC and 12V constant.

I had minor intermittent problems with having to press firmly on the faceplate for the deck to turn on. I'll try cleaning the contacts, and take a look at the pin that detects the face plate.

If this doesn't, it going to the installer on friday. I just want to see everything myself before they start trying to BS me.

ah yes def sounds like dirty contacts.

cre- is is an N1 deck w/ the fold out screen. the faceplate on this model is just a thin control panel. i know what you are talking about but this one isnt designed that way.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I've had the deck for almost 2 years now.

dbsupra is right. the faceplate is about half the height if a normal faceplate. And pioneer doesnt supply carrying cases with it even though you pay $2000 for a deck.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
its at pioneer getting warrantied. The dipshit at Visions said i didnt buy extended warranty, then three weeks later i found out i did. Now im driving around without tunes, and thery wont even be curteous enough to give me a loaner.

JAWS

Apr 12, 2006
Aurora, CO
Thanks for the update...
I fix a bunch of the lesser DVD models at work and was just wondering what the problem was.