deal or no deal

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
im gonna trade my dd 91 integra for a dark blue 89 supra 5spd turbo w/targa top with turbo issues and maybe more.

is worth it

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Not a lot of info posted to make that call sport ;)

It would help to have the Kelly Blue book value, condition, and any "extras" on the Integra. Same kind of thing for the Supra. Pics would be a plus.

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
i have an avalon as my other dd and my teggy is just stock but the owner said that he pull the head out to install a hks mhg but never got the time.

im heading out tommorow to go look, ill take pic

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
so he's a half asser? didnt finish the job why!? He knows something. I say trade + cash for your teggy cause its running. Don't do a straight trade. Make some money from it cause you'll need it to help with the supra

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
keep in mind 89's where the transition year.. but it is Turbo 5spd those combo supras are really wanted. my suggestion is to do a car fax report, find out everything about it. and find a supramechanic around there locally and go from there.

if it was me. i have another DD. and trading a 91 integra for a turbo 5spd i would do it.

If u could possibly post pics and/or the issues it has? that will help alot, alot of people here can tell u if it will be a costly fix or a maybe just a simple fix.

Another thing to add. Supra's will require some work, no matter what. if u treat it nice ur car will treat ur wallet nice... in most cases... If u end up getting it. CHANGE every Filter, New fluids all around, New Thermastat, Plugs, inspect all ur coolant lines, any foul play such as half assing, redo it the right way.

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
well today i went and looked at it and i sorta like it but yea.
got some pic too. it goes from the supra to my dd that im gonna trade
the supra was built 11/88 so i guess it was early 89 model. square motor mount
interior is great. 9.5 out of 10. that minus the tear on driver side and crack on dash. original color was red and got spray yellew then blue
also hes adding 250 cash on top plus the towing fee.
good or bad?

anyone help please

p1310858_1.jpg

p1310858_2.jpg

p1310858_3.jpg

p1310858_4.jpg

p1310858_5.jpg

p1310858_6.jpg

p1310858_7.jpg

p1310858_8.jpg

p1310858_9.jpg

my dd, only pic
p1310858_10.jpg

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
yea.
the shifter feels very loose and not tight like other ive driven.can this be fix
also, does the motor look good or no.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Neodeuccio;1309353 said:
... so it's really not a reliable DD.

Why not? Mine's been a DD for almost 5 years now. Other than 2 months getting her running when I first got her she's been more than reliable enough.

And with the 89 in the shape it's in, I hope you can do the work yourself. Supra's get real expensive real quick if you have to take it into the shop all the time.

I'd do it only if you can do most of the work yourself. If you have to take it to a mechanic for something more than spark plugs/oil then I'd pass.

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
pistons look ok to me but yea,its kinda black and so forth.
im in cencal, not sure if its nor or socal but in the middle i guess.
thanks for the offer but im mainly looking for 91-92 star rims only.

as for body i can work it out and i could do motor swap by my self but never got to assemble and disassemble motor b4 so thats kinda new for me

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
It could be while he was doing the HG job he found something else wrong with it and decided it was not worth fixing, its got potential don't get me wrong but I'd be weary of it/him.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
Canuckrz;1311863 said:
It could be while he was doing the HG job he found something else wrong with it and decided it was not worth fixing, its got potential don't get me wrong but I'd be weary of it/him.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

thats what im thinking too but what could it be.
im doing this trade on friday so i need to know b4 i get something i dont want.
or should i just trade then throw in a "jdm" 7mgte?