Dash lights/ oil guage

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
So as several of you know, I am in the process of replacing my heater core. While I have the dash out I figure i may as well do some other things. So first question: What would a good NOT-LED color be to replace my dash lights with? I'm tired of the sickly green glow:puke:, but I don't want the harshness of the LED and I want to use my dimmer.

Second question, My oil pressure gauge doesn't work, already checked the sending unit as per the FSM and it's fine. What else is there to fix to make the gauge work:1zhelp:?

Thanks!!:icon_bigg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
TheBlueSupra;1816306 said:
I don't want the harshness of the LED and I want to use my dimmer.

Just FYI, my LED dash lighting does work with the dimmer...

dash1.gif

That is at full brightness, but they do dim.

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
you could always just take off the green little bulb gellys haha... i did cause i wanted something little different..

p1816311_1.jpg

but i still like the LED bulbs that i have in now the best

p1816311_2.jpg

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Don't you have to buy special ballasts or something to let them dim? I though running LEDs below there optimum power fried them. Any ideas on the oil gauge?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
It don't believe it frys them.. Running LED's below their intended voltage range will make them give off slightly different lumens. I'm by no means an expert though. However, I absolutely love the LEDs in my car. They could be a little whiter though. But thats beside the point. I don't think they are harsh at all. Much, much better than factory incandescents.

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
I did the second one (how I know the sender works), have not completed the first one yet as I had just removed the cluster when I needed to be done for the day.

P.S How rare are hard copies of those manuals? Cause I have one specifically for the 86.5

Thanks!

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Backlash2032;1816335 said:
It don't believe it frys them.. Running LED's below their intended voltage range will make them give off slightly different lumens. I'm by no means an expert though. However, I absolutely love the LEDs in my car. They could be a little whiter though. But thats beside the point. I don't think they are harsh at all. Much, much better than factory incandescents.

Thanks! maybe I will look into the LED's, just sorta wanted to get it back on the road sooner hahaha

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Backlash2032;1816344 said:
I have the factory bulbs still if that's what you're after. Totally worth getting LEDs though, just saying.
I was more just thinking of getting different colored sleeves or bulbs at auto zone, (slightly broke and need my car running haha)