dash light. what does it mean?

MattTerror

Jun 6, 2012
Ohio
It is a orange light all the way on the left side of the dash. Kinda looks like a cage.
Only came on making hard left turns. I start my car after two days of it sitting and the light stayed on.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
MattTerror;1873157 said:
I guess ill be calling toyota monday for some red coolant. Thank you.

Might also want to remove the overflow jug and wash it out really well. When I first got mine, there was all sorts of crap built up in it and caused erroneous warning lights.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
veedubin;1873158 said:
Might also want to remove the overflow jug and wash it out really well. When I first got mine, there was all sorts of crap built up in it and caused erroneous warning lights.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Doing this tomorrow!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Also works well as a cheap g-meter. If it is on, your tires are holding up nicely. Adjust fluid level in the overflow reservoir to the capacity of your grip. :)

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Wow, that is...weird, I was literally just going to make this EXACT thread. I just took the car out to some nice twisties and well...the bird cage comes on every time I make a nice left (like OP said) and it's quite annoying. The bottle is filled to the amount it's supposed to be, but it still comes on. Should I maybe fill it to the full line, instead of having it be in between the full and low liens??

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supra_dan;1873650 said:
the bird cage comes on every time I make a nice left (like OP said) and it's quite annoying. The bottle is filled to the amount it's supposed to be, but it still comes on. Should I maybe fill it to the full line, instead of having it be in between the full and low liens??
Dan, that just means you're doing it right (assuming your bottle is in the proper position on its bracket and not tilted), and should carry on as usual. :)

Hell, get a sticky enough set of tires on a stiff suspension on a smooth road, I'm not even sure if being at the "full" line would be enough to keep the sensor from going off... it is just a low level sensor. As long as your coolant isn't actually low, I wouldn't worry about it.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
te72;1873814 said:
Dan, that just means you're doing it right (assuming your bottle is in the proper position on its bracket and not tilted), and should carry on as usual. :)

Hell, get a sticky enough set of tires on a stiff suspension on a smooth road, I'm not even sure if being at the "full" line would be enough to keep the sensor from going off... it is just a low level sensor. As long as your coolant isn't actually low, I wouldn't worry about it.

Very cool, thank you for that te72

I'll be honest, these Nitto's nt05's (255/17 in front) grip AMAZINGLY well lol.

As long as it's 'normal' I can now sleep better at night haha.

Just starting hitting the twisties around here and it's so prevelant (the light) it was just freaking me out.

Thanks!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supra_dan;1873910 said:
Very cool, thank you for that te72

I'll be honest, these Nitto's nt05's (255/17 in front) grip AMAZINGLY well lol.

Just starting hitting the twisties around here and it's so prevelant (the light) it was just freaking me out.
Sure thing Dan, anytime. I have the same tires, but in a 275 all around, they do grip quite nicely, especially for the price. I sincerely wonder if Michelin PS2's grip any better, considering they are 2-3x as much as the Nittos...

As for the light going off so frequently, I find that mine tends to go off in transitions more than anything. If that is the case with you, might I suggest the "Initial D" level of smoothness? If you had the cup inside with you, you'd be all wet. ;) :p