Dare to race your Supra against a ZX14?

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
I am officially out of the Supra game, and as of yesterday, I am the proud owner of a brand new ZX14. I'll stick around on the forums, and I'm planning on heading to Centralia for the annual Supra Meet. If you have ever wondered how your car will fare against one of the most powerful streetbikes ever built, maybe we can organize something. I'm not challenging anyone, but it would be tons of fun to cruise with a bunch of Supras (my first true love). It's just hard to say no to a true 9 second machine with a warranty, and drop dead sexy looks.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
ViR2;931201 said:
sorry for my lack of knowlage, but what is zx14 and what's so special about it? Isnt hayabusa the fastest bike out there? ;)

debateable.
The zx14 stomps the old hayabusa. The new one pretty much runs dead even with the 14. I believe the 14 hold the quickest 1/4 time and trap speed, but both are fast as hell.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Be careful on the zx14 they are truly more than most can handle. Paint on the road can cause your tire to spin during acceleration and when it hits pavement again your in the air. I've seen it happen where I live.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Congrats on the new bike. I found a nice 03 cbr600 for pretty cheap. I've been debating whether or not to get it tho. Both my good friends have an 07 zx6 and an 08 cbr600 and are putting pressure on me to buy one lol.

Post some pics

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
funky_monkey58;931222 said:
Be careful on the zx14 they are truly more than most can handle. Paint on the road can cause your tire to spin during acceleration and when it hits pavement again your in the air. I've seen it happen where I live.

i will agree with this. no offense to the OP, but 90% of riders cannot push a 600cc bike to its limits. after years of riding, i am finally getting to that point where it's time to move up, but may wait another year or two.

liter bikes and above (the newer ones) are just like a laser sharpened scalpel; they are very effective in the hands of someone trained and capable of using them, but are extremely dangerous otherwise. i'm hoping you have years of experience under your belt before purchasing that zx, and you're not a squid just wanting to do 100mph wheelies on the interstate.

either way it goes, never get on that bike without full gear. it's not a matter of if you think you're going down, it's just a gamble on when, and hopefully you're smart enough not to risk it without equipment.

*this is said without you mentioning your level of experience, and is not meant to be said in a derragatory manner at all**

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
selfinfliction;931233 said:
i will agree with this. no offense to the OP, but 90% of riders cannot push a 600cc bike to its limits. after years of riding, i am finally getting to that point where it's time to move up, but may wait another year or two.

liter bikes and above (the newer ones) are just like a laser sharpened scalpel; they are very effective in the hands of someone trained and capable of using them, but are extremely dangerous otherwise. i'm hoping you have years of experience under your belt before purchasing that zx, and you're not a squid just wanting to do 100mph wheelies on the interstate.

either way it goes, never get on that bike without full gear. it's not a matter of if you think you're going down, it's just a gamble on when, and hopefully you're smart enough not to risk it without equipment.

*this is said without you mentioning your level of experience, and is not meant to be said in a derragatory manner at all**

Agreed! My R6 is plenty fine!

p931269_1.jpg

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
tissimo;931254 said:
whats a zx14 trap in the 1/4 w/ a good rider? 135-140?

i've been 140 on an 04 R1 completely stock, you slip a zx14 off the line with someone that has balls and you'll trap 140+ with ease. a really good rider would be looking at 150

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
rs4rush;931306 said:
Its the newest 07 Yamaha R6. Its black/grey. I really like it. I'm pretty sure all of them are like that.

yeah not many people have yamaha's around here, they're all suzuki fanboi's. i've never bought a suzuki for that reason, kawi's are better than suzukis, it's just they don't have the cult following. last year i put a 520 conversion +8 rear on an 02 zx6r with a few mods like euro cdi, chopped yoshi, stacks etc... all the basic bolt on stuff. i was able to outrun brand new liter bikes up to 100mph, but i topped out somewhere around 125ish lol... it pissed alot of those squids off that i was able to do that with a $2500 600cc bike that had been laid over and 12 o clocked more times than they had been able to pull a standup

alot of people underestimate a 600cc bike, they are easy to pull up at 100mph just like a liter bike IF you have good throttle control. i've went through probably a dozen 600cc bikes in the past 5 years if not more, buy salvage, rebuild ride for a few weeks then sell. decent money in that stuff if you have the know how to turn them over.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
selfinfliction;931233 said:

Most of my experience is through racing motocross, however, I've also been riding on the street for a couple years (in only 21). I wanted the bigger machine for comfort on longer rides, plus I'm 6'2. I have a lot of learning to do, but I would consider myself a better than average rider.

tissimo;931254 said:
whats a zx14 trap in the 1/4 w/ a good rider? 135-140?

On motorcycle 1/4 pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBH3bpAyaqw

Hayabusa vs Zx14 zx14 9.65 @153.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN-CBpFRirY

Trust me, it feels this fast too. It literally blurs my side vision!

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
I'll give it a shot ... come on out to utah..I might not win but I'll give you a damn good run for your money.