Damn snow. Wrecked my car.

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
So we were only supposed to get .5" of snow yesterday. Wrong about 12:00 or so I checked the forecast 2-4" of snow. So when I got off work at 2:30 I drove around town for a minute and decided it wasn't that bad and headed towards my dad's house. Got to 160hwy here in southeast missouri and the snowplows hadn't even touched it! I drove about 30-35mph. and going up a steep hill I got sideways and let out of it and it straightened up and as soon as I got back in it it instantly spun around and I was in the ditch. So I had a tow truck come pull me out and luckily it didn't hurt anything too bad. Anyhow here's some pics.

p1260234_1.jpg

My basically new RSR GT2.

p1260234_2.jpg

Time for a new front bumper. And some hood alignment.
But I'm ok and the car is driveable so i'm glad I was that fortunate. Anyways that was my fun weekend.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Bald is no good in that kind of weather.

What kind of tires are they, though? Most people try to run all seasons, but IMNSHO snow tires are at least an order of magnitude better in snow or rain.

I run Michelin M&S (for Mud & Snow) in the winter, and I've never had a problem. I've driven in some pretty nasty conditions, too.

snow.jpg

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Doent look as bad as what I did last night:(

Side convo...quick question grim....on a 89+midnight blue supra are your moulding gray? I ask becasue I'm trying to find the 89+ lights but I want blue mouldings to match mine thansk

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Well the fronts are Goodyear H2's and the rears are some kind of off brand. Have a real aggressive tread though. They hook up well. I've drove in the snow before just not on a road that is completely covered. Lack of Driver mod I guess.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
tbcmorris;1260255 said:
Doent look as bad as what I did last night:(

Side convo...quick question grim....on a 89+midnight blue supra are your moulding gray? I ask becasue I'm trying to find the 89+ lights but I want blue mouldings to match mine thansk
Nope, the mouldings are still blue, just a lighter color than the body.

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm off to bed i've got a cold that is killing me. Hope everyone else stays safe.