Damn deer...

Linkstar07

757 Traveler
Apr 17, 2007
Windsor, VA
After I was helped by some of you folks just the other day, I get the car running and on the way to work I encountered a med sized buck. ouch...

p801027_1.jpg

p801027_2.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wow! Glad you're ok...I've seen deer come over the top of the hood and go through the windshield.

The most important question is...did you take the buck to the butcher?

LOL..JK ;)

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sorry to hear dude. Looks like it is fixable, need the front nose and a hood. Im in springfield, Va and i have a white 87 NA im about to trash and if u want u can come and look at it. my hood and front nose is still there. in about a week or so she'll be gone

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Damn hate to see that happen. Sounds like Akito has the plan to get the car back on the road however. Glad you are OK and I hope the car turns out the same.

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
Sorry. I hope you don't start seeing phantom deer. I did for a couple of years. I would be half asleep driving to work in the early morning and those ghouls would jump out in front of me. I would wake up real quick and take corrective action :eek3dance Certainly, not the nicest way to start the day. Then the deer would morph into a mailbox, which was invariably the same damn mailbox as last week, the week before and so on.

Linkstar07

757 Traveler
Apr 17, 2007
Windsor, VA
Thanks for the responses guys. I do plan on repairing it. The largest damage is to the headlights. they're all messed up. I especially appreciate akito's offer. I took the pics after I got home so I didnt get any of the buck. A few friends stopped and took a couple pics with camera phones. If I can get those pics, I'll post em.

Alex91Mk3

timeshares exchange
Jun 30, 2006
Miami, Fl
www.myspace.com
it's called "blackdog", not cuz of the movie with patrick swayze but because of the reocurring images...of like u said.. a deer in the street...but anywho...
yet another mk3 down for the count...hopefully its not a curse going around...did the deer survive?? atleast Akito is going to help u out...good looking out...

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Alex91Mk3 said:
it's called "blackdog", not cuz of the movie with patrick swayze but because of the reocurring images...of like u said.. a deer in the street...but anywho...
yet another mk3 down for the count...hopefully its not a curse going around...did the deer survive?? atleast Akito is going to help u out...good looking out...

who cares if the negligent deer survived??...:nono:

Linkstar07

757 Traveler
Apr 17, 2007
Windsor, VA
Big Wang Bandit said:
Is the radiator support buckled?
Yeah, it's bent in. I tried hammering/pulling it back out but its pretty tough. I think this getting bent is what screwed up my headlights. I dont have to change the pic in my signature now do I...? jk

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
No shit man. All I saw were does when I was out over the weekend. Saw damn nine of them and not a single buck. Of well, I'll be going back next month.