Damm lesson learned never trust a shop if you have the time and u can handle it do it

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
I took my car for and exhaust leak twice and the same problem happened, so i took on the task and fixed thanks to Aron.Then i took it in for an oil pan leak now its leaking again. They re tighten and messed up the gasket,so now i have to figure if I'm taking the motor out or just drop the front suspension.I just need time hahaha I thought i just share my pain.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I would imagine you could create enough room by lifting up the engine.. and there's no oil pan gasket, it's Toyota FIPG.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
Damm I had my engine rebuilt due to the fact i have no garage Im still learning.When i was doing the exhaust manifold and the downpipe I noticed that it was leaking and saw the gasket all smashed up. Damm Im going to wait weekend.Do i have to separate the transmission from the motor or just driveshaft and trans mount and motor mounts and the bar underneath the the oil pan and the raise the whole thing.Im the rookie of the year!!!!!! thanks Backlash for all your help.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Honestly what I would try first is unbolting the motor mounts and raising the engine high enough to take the pan off from underneath. If not I would just drop the subframe.

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
Cool bro!!! just the motor mounts correct? Hopefully at the angle the firewall or the trans mount stop me from achieving my goal.Im pretty sure i just need about 3 to 4 inches of lift.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Yeah the firewall/trans tunnel would be the only thing stopping you. Or like exhaust or fuel lines or useless things like that.. :p

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Raise the motor up and lower the subframe a little and it will slide out.

Also use toyota fipg. Do not use a cork gasket.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
hvyman;1991681 said:

Exactly! I used cork gasket when I did my rebuild, now I'm kicking my butt for it. I ended up taking the motor out in my case to do the oil pan. I think it's easy to take the motor out and in then taking front frame off. Plus then I know the rtv won't smear, and it'll be put on straight. I also ended up changing my powersteering line since it was leaking.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Should have taken it to the Toyota dealer. They would have used the correct oil pan sealer. I bet it would not have cost much more and probably fixed right the first time.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
hvyman;1991681 said:

Agreed I did this not too long ago took maybe an 1 hr or so, but thats cuz my father works at lexus so we used the lift and a stand to hold up the motor. As mcammarn said the only downside is you gotta be really careful putting the pan back on otherwise the FIPG will smear and f everything up lol