CXRacing LS1 Engine Mounts

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
This thread is for anyone who it thinking about buying the swap kit for the LS1 swap in the MK3's save yourself the trouble and look here.

To put it simply they don't work for the '86.5 to '89.5 years. CXRacing told me they designed this swap kit using a 1990 mk3 after i discovered the issue. As I now know they don't share the same mounting location throughout all the years.

Here are the pics that show the best fitment that can be achieved with the mounts to the mounting location. Also they make the engine sit so high you can't close the hood. Making my own mounts now...

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Well yeah wouldn't that be equivalent to trying to mount 7m or JZ late 89 or 89+ motor mounts into a pre89 subframed Supra..? Looks like theyll work fine if you use them for what they were made for. How is this their mistake when they clearly told you about it and you knew?

Why didnt you just make your own mounts when you knew what all you just said? Or did you tackle this project without even knowing what subframe you had and what mounts you needed? SMH....

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
They should probably mark it clearly as being for 89+ cars... but it is well known by people in the community that the subframe changes that year. some products are built for the early style subframe and some for the late.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
miekedmr;2043927 said:
They should probably mark it clearly as being for 89+ cars... but it is well known by people in the community that the subframe changes that year. some products are built for the early style subframe and some for the late.

Yeah youre right I just checked their ebay listing and it shows as LSX mounts for 86-92 supra. They really should update it to 89-92 LSX mounts or similar.

msimsi10, did you contact CXracing about your issues and at least get them returned and your money back or something?

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
steven89;2043935 said:
Yeah youre right I just checked their ebay listing and it shows as LSX mounts for 86-92 supra. They really should update it to 89-92 LSX mounts or similar.

msimsi10, did you contact CXracing about your issues and at least get them returned and your money back or something?

I didn't know the year of CXRacing's car when I bought them. It wasn't until after I had the mounted up and discovered the issue and I called them to find out. I honestly didn't even think about the subframe differences till this happened. I explained the situation to them and now they are claiming can't resell them since they were mounted on the car and have "scratches" on them and are trying to cheat me out of a full refund.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
msimsi10;2043939 said:
I didn't know the year of CXRacing's car when I bought them. It wasn't until after I had the mounted up and discovered the issue and I called them to find out. I honestly didn't even think about the subframe differences till this happened. I explained the situation to them and now they are claiming can't resell them since they were mounted on the car and have "scratches" on them and are trying to cheat me out of a full refund.

If you bought on ebay i think you could claim wrong information on their auction im pretty sure those are grounds for refund/return.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Yeah if they said 86.5-92, that's their problem.

Part not as described / inaccurate listing, whatever. If it was made to fit an 89+, it sure as shit won't fit an early car.

You are owed a refund/return. I think if you needed to you could get refunded through paypal buyer protection or however that works. I've never gotten to the point of a dispute with a seller myself.

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I called CXRacing and tried talking it through with them nicely until they told me that the used these mounts in both a 86 and an 90 and I explained that there was no way that could be. I was basically told to have a nice day and then when I asked to speak to the manager/owner I was hung up on... CXRacing customer service at its best. Looks like this is going to a claim. They tried to give me a $199 refund on $250+ in parts that were wrong.

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
That's some bull, I've had to talk to them before and it wasn't that bad. I'd file a claim as they sold the wrong item to you.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
When did you purchase the kit? If its a reasonable time frame, with in their return policy then open a case requesting a return and refund. If its an unreasonable time frame, 6+ 1 yr since purchase that is pretty ludacris. Bite the bullet resell kit for as close as what you paid or sell off mounts only.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Wow, that's some poor customer service.

I had a similar problem, but it was handled way better. I purchased their VVTI header only to find the first version (designed in a 240sx) wouldn't fit the a70 engine bay. They replaced it with the newer version but the collector was poor quality so I sent it back too and ended up getting a quicksilver one (via SupraStore) instead. They really need to work on the RnD portion of their parts... And customer service.

GL, I'd definitely be going through ebay to get a refund since there's no way that the mount will fit the older subframe correctly.

Kevin