CX racing mandrel 3" exhaust

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Well loud isnt always a problem in my opinion, its obnoxiously loud thats annoying. It attracts waaay to much attention witht the cops in california, and its not fun to have anyone in the car with you, while trying to have a conversation. Keep in mind that this is going on my daily driver.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
there is a difference between mandrel bent and crush bent. in the last pic (which i think you are referring to as the 7th pic) it shows the smaller part welded(as i see it) in the exhaust. either get pics from the supplier showing that its screws or assume its welds. either way if you have to have a silencer in to make it drivable with out a head ache it a worthless pos and still will effect performance just about the same as a stock exhaust as the opening is the same diameter. you guys are imo cheap and advertising the cheapness of this exhaust over other exhaust's with proven performance.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
hvy. those clearly look like bolts/nuts to me. if not, it is a very tall weld or possibly pop rivets. a weld,especially a tack weld would not stick up that much. if you look in the 6th pic after "photo gallery" it shows inside the muffler. on the last pic you can see what looks like a bolt head sticking out from the lower portion of the exit. however, i agree that there is still a possibility of that exhaust being stupid loud when/if that silencer comes out which does make it a pos.

edit: also, above the picture set there is a portion that says "highlights of this kit" and under that it says "removable silencer on muffler tip"

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
Kevin;1503101 said:
its not hard to weld on a different muffler if it's stupid loud... with will probably be the case..
agreed. but that will kind of defeat the purpose of this "money saving" kit. most muffler tips (hks, apexi, etc) are upwards of $200 plus the labor to have someone weld it on(if you cant do it yourself) causes the cost of your exhaust back up to somewhere around $500 lol.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
exactly. weather or not its welds or bolts whats to point if its stupid loud without the silencer. you might as well just buy the can and have a exhaust shop custom make you the tubing. the silencer will decrease boost and hp with a ending tip of 1.5 inch period. my exhaust for example is 3in from turbo back and has been ref approved in CA with sticker in my car at 93dp which is way quiet. why spend 300+ on a exhaust that is 1.5-2 in at the end to hert performance t save money when its no better than stock.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i dyno'd my exhaust with and without the silencer. at the time i was 365/415rw.

with the silencer it dropped to 361/409rw.

again, just because it has a silencer does not mean it is stupid loud without it.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
vipermk3turbo;1503131 said:
Why not just add a resonator, that should tone it down a bit.

or another muffler.

and thats IF its loud. no one will know until someone actually buys it.

i dyno'd my exhaust with and without the silencer. at the time i was 365/415rw.

with the silencer it dropped to 361/409rw.

again, just because it has a silencer does not mean it is stupid loud without it.

this here is the difference between that tiny hole vs that huge opening.. (spool time may be difference though)

but that said. if its only 4 hp and 6 torque then imagine what the difference might be for mandrel vs crush bends?

maybe it is a better choice to just go with a quality muffler and have a shop crush bend a custom exhaust for u... would cost about the same..

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Either way, I think this is a great price. Even in the worst case scenario welding on a magnaflow (around 100$) would make this exhaust well under a hundred dollars less than any other 3" exhaust, and sound great. Considering a new, competitive priced product hardly makes someone cheap.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Yeah, it will be a while before i buy any exhaust, but if this is the one I purchase, then Ill definitely fill you guys in. I was just hoping someone else had already taken the leap of faith. LOL