CX racing mandrel 3" exhaust

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Well, I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but I have heard of good results from cxracings inter-cooler piping setups. So, I was wondering if anyone has purchased this, or has any opinions about it.
My main concern would not be the piping, but the muffler quality. If that is actual fitment it doesn't look too bad, especially for the price. It has Local crush bent piping price, but with mandrel bent stainless. Seems like a pretty good deal. If only they had sound clips.
Has anyone purchased one? If they have how about installed pictures and sound clips/videos? I am considering purchasing this, but would rather not do so blind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

vipermk3turbo

Supra*****s member
Jan 16, 2008
Livingston
Our vendor from Zankoku performance sells them for 320 not sure shipped..I would just ask him in a pm, and see what he tells you, about fitment, quality, and sound.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
it looks like a piece of crap seeing how the end of the muffler that exits is about 1.5 in in diameter and will cause a major decrease in flow and hp. do not buy.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
hvyman;1503007 said:
it looks like a piece of crap seeing how the end of the muffler that exits is about 1.5 in in diameter and will cause a major decrease in flow and hp. do not buy.

that's just a silencer.

ha damnit, 7M-KDL beat me to it

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
projectpanda;1502988 said:
i can tell you that crush bent anything is horrible

I agree with you on the crush bent, I was stating that the price of the cx racing product was on par with the price of a crush bent. I was attempting to state how good of a deal it could potentially be.

And to the others, I definitely think that is a silencer LOL

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
So has anyone purchased these from Zankoku or ebay? LOL it would be nice to hear first person reviews. And thanks for the info about Zankoku selling it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have to say lol at this silencer stuff. The end i see tack welds which looks like its not a silencer. Get pics of the exhaust from inside the muffler and then you will really know. Even if its a silencer it will still effect performance as the exit is still half of what a full 3 in exhaust is.

Here is the greddy sp(dis cont) and is 93 dp ca ref inspected. Its 3in all the way from the cat back and i can stick my whole arm threw it, If i want to get dirty. With turbos you want a free flowing exhaust not some shit that will make the exhaust half the size you want it to silence it because its cheapy made and effect performance.

Attachments

• zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 38

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
hvyman;1503036 said:
I have to say lol at this silencer stuff. The end i see tack welds which looks like its not a silencer. Get pics of the exhaust from inside the muffler and then you will really know. Even if its a silencer it will still effect performance as the exit is still half of what a full 3 in exhaust is.

Here is the greddy sp(dis cont) and is 93 dp ca ref inspected. Its 3in all the way from the cat back and i can stick my whole arm threw it, If i want to get dirty. With turbos you want a free flowing exhaust not some shit that will make the exhaust half the size you want it to silence it because its cheapy made and effect performance.

Yep! I do indeed know free flowing is better. And they look a lot like screws for the silencer rather than tack welds. Try scrolling down to the 7th picture and blowing it up, it looks a lot like screws. In which case, you remove the silencer and the restriction you are speaking of is gone.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
yes its hard to tell from the pics. but if the exhaust is loud as hell w/o the silencer then its a piece. there's no point in installing a 350$exhaust that you need a silencer to make it driveable w/o a head ache.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
well, its not so much the fact that is bent that is the problem. Theres almost always going to be some kind of bends to get it to route properly. Its the type of bending that's the problem. When you crush bent something, it squeezes it on the side while ending, creating a certain amount of restriction. Its like when you bend a straw. The middle portion where you are bending it closes up slightly. I dont know the intimate details but that is the gist of it.
Now please dont flame me, but I would really like to keep this thread on the topic of reviewing the exhaust rather than a crush vs. mandrel bent thread. There are plenty of threads on that already all over the internet. Thank you and sorry if that came off rude, it wasn't intended.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
kamikazemkiii;1503055 said:
Dont flame me, but whys it being bent so bad? Isnt flow, flow?

you will get more performance with a 3in exhaust than you will with the stock exhaust with a stock engine and turbo. get it?

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
hvyman;1503056 said:
yes its hard to tell from the pics. but if the exhaust is loud as hell w/o the silencer then its a piece. there's no point in installing a 350$exhaust that you need a silencer to make it driveable w/o a head ache.

Yeah, that is definitely a concern, I would hate to have a loud droning exhaust that kills my ears. Thats one of the reasons I posted this thread. LOL I am hoping that someone on here has purchased it and can tell me how it sounds.
An alternative, is to purchase a better quality muffler that will create the correct exhaust tone. Say a magnaflow etc. Which would make the exhaust sound great and still come in at under 450 dollars. But that is all assuming the exhaust sounds bad.
Its also hard to tell, but it looks alot like there is a resonator, which would quiet up the exhaust and possibly make the exhaust not need the silencer. Once again though, this is all specualtion without seeing the product.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
the silencer is removable.

i dont think u will notice a big difference between 3" mandrel bends and 3" crush bend at all... maybe a tiny difference.
but for the price of the cx racing with mandrel bends.. its good deal. and if u dont like the possible loudness you can always get an exhaust shop to put in another inline muffler or u can replace the muffler itself with a good one.

edit. the inline resonator they have on there probably does squat.. maybe like a 2% decrease lol. look at our stock resonator compared to that one..

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Yeah i always wondered the same thing about the crush vs. mandrel. But i defintiely think this is a good deal for mandrel bent stainless...
EDIT: yep the silencer is definitely removable. says it right there on the description

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
i say u get it.. and if you dont like the tone then put on a better quality muffler. (wont be much more then getting a custom crush bend regular steel exhaust with the same muffler done)

and if u do like the tone.. they yay post some vids lol

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
my exhaust came with a silencer. it isnt loud with out it, or with it. and you can remove it just like this one.

and since when did loud make it "a piece"?