Custom V-band mani PT6262....some more

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
Thanks guys! I love the way it sounds too, the camera doesn't do it any justice though. I need to get a hd camcorder.

It starts building boost right around 33, 34k and I'll hit full boost right around 45k-ish. And the turbo is just held by the manifold. The manifold is really well made and strong and it shouldn't crack. If it does I have a life-time warranty anyways ;P.

@rokit1man: Its an .82a/r.

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
hvyman;1763504 said:
Sounds sick. Is it open dp?

Nope, its a 3" straight pipe to an Apexi N1.

Emilian;1763599 said:
Car sounds great!

If you don't mind me asking... How much did you pay to have that manifold fabricated? Or, did you fabricate it yourself?

I got the manifold custom fabricated at a local shop. The guy does real good stuff...hes got a knack for fab work. The manifold itself cost about 700 bucks.

Emilian

Sep 1, 2010
Farmington Hills, MI
colpire;1763808 said:
I got the manifold custom fabricated at a local shop. The guy does real good stuff...hes got a knack for fab work. The manifold itself cost about 700 bucks.

Would you mind PM'ing me the shop name and the name of the fabricator. I would love to get a manifold fabricated by him.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That's not bad considering a friend of mine with a Starion had a manifold custom made for his car. His is only four runners, T4 flanged, 38mm 2 bolt flange for WG, and he paid $800 "friend" price. After the second time it cracked on him the fabricator wouldn't fix it under warranty anymore.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Sounds good! It has a different sound than most JZ series.

colpire;1763480 said:
Thanks guys! I love the way it sounds too, the camera doesn't do it any justice though. I need to get a hd camcorder.

It starts building boost right around 33, 34k and I'll hit full boost right around 45k-ish. And the turbo is just held by the manifold. The manifold is really well made and strong and it shouldn't crack. If it does I have a life-time warranty anyways ;P.

@rokit1man: Its an .82a/r.

Any fear of it putting stress on the head/manifold studs? With the turbo that far away it seems like it would be putting some good pressure on the top ones.

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
PM sent Emilian

Suprapowaz!(2);1763813 said:
That's not bad considering a friend of mine with a Starion had a manifold custom made for his car. His is only four runners, T4 flanged, 38mm 2 bolt flange for WG, and he paid $800 "friend" price. After the second time it cracked on him the fabricator wouldn't fix it under warranty anymore.
Yea its a good deal considering its completely custom and awesome craftsmanship. The guy is a genius. He really is a great fabricator and has done some seriously nice stuff.

arknotts;1763843 said:
Sounds good! It has a different sound than most JZ series.

Any fear of it putting stress on the head/manifold studs? With the turbo that far away it seems like it would be putting some good pressure on the top ones.

Thanks man. Its those runners and that V-band that make it sound different. I see what your saying about the top row of bolts having more stress being put on to them from the placement of the turbo. It seems pretty sturdy and I'm confident that it wont bust "knock on wood"....but if something were to happen I'm sure it would be the bolt to go before the manifold or the head. If I'm wrong then fml time to get a built head. lol