Custom dashboard project is finished (test video inside)

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Thanks guys! Thanks for all your kind words... I did put a lot of work on it but it did pay at the end!

People sometimes tell me about my Supra : 'Awesome car dude,for a late 90's model'. I tell them : 'Mid 80's please' LOL.
And they come again : 'And that dash is from mid 80's ?' I say..: 'Nope. It comes from the future with mid 80's style' LOL.
And they usually finish with : 'They should bring this car back in production'. lol

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg

daddycat31

Nov 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Dash looks awesome bro! I have that same steering wheel in a box in the garage because I never got around to installing it last summer...was it easy to install? I wanted to do a quick release setup on it too, but haven't decided yet...

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
any special way to get better lighting? i bought two 194 led bulbs to replace my coolant gauge light and tach light, my coolant gauge light is still really dull like the bulb is not even on any tips?

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
daddycat31;1814557 said:
Dash looks awesome bro! I have that same steering wheel in a box in the garage because I never got around to installing it last summer...was it easy to install? I wanted to do a quick release setup on it too, but haven't decided yet...

Quite easy... Nice steer. wheel man. You gonna love it!
I thought about a quick release setup,but I dished the idea at the end. I wanna know that my wheel is steady as a rock! LOL..

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Avicii;1814563 said:
any special way to get better lighting? i bought two 194 led bulbs to replace my coolant gauge light and tach light, my coolant gauge light is still really dull like the bulb is not even on any tips?

Take appart and Clean the gauge cluster. Replace the bulbs with LEDs and you'll get the best out of it.
You will have to replace all the bulbs. 4x W5 bulbs and 1x 1.2W bulb. Though I did modified the 1.2W small bulb hole to fit a W5 bulb..and it
worked great! This way you'll have equal lighting to all of your gauges..

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
tito;1815576 said:
What stereo is that?

I got it from ebay...very good one! ($350 USD)
It's got GPS,USB,MPEG4,SD/MD card,I-pod connection,TV,DVD,MP3,Rear viewCamera,touch screen,windows,etc.
And a factory logo to add as you wish for the intro.. I used the Toyota badge ofcaurse!

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
SupraClaou;1816238 said:
I got it from ebay...very good one! ($350 USD)
It's got GPS,USB,MPEG4,SD/MD card,I-pod connection,TV,DVD,MP3,Rear viewCamera,touch screen,windows,etc.
And a factory logo to add as you wish for the intro.. I used the Toyota badge ofcaurse!

Not much to go on without a brand name... ;)

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
MendigoMkIII;1866732 said:
I was thinking of trying this whenever I finally get my Mkiii. Then you said it cost $3000 o_O
Those numbers are scary to a college kid like me lol!
Nice work though. I'd much rather have that high tech look than stock.

If you are located in the States (and you are xaxaxa), it will cost you less than $3K, maybe around $2000-$2200.
I had to pay for every single thing I got.... International shipping and customs which are costly overhere :-(

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
T3rril79;1884156 said:
My dash fails now haha. How many hours do you have invested?

To convert the lights into LEDs at the back of the gauge cluster was easy and took me a day...
For the hall gauge cluster and it's aftermarket/custom stuff took me 3 months because I was waiting
parts from abroad! If you have ready all the needed parts should take a week or two.