Custom cams came in....*pics*

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Got my cams in the other day from T.E.D components in Canada. They are 288 duration and 12.5mm lift, ground from a billet core. Also got retainers and underbuckets to go along with them. Heres a couple pics compared to the stock cams.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Billet is a-ok with me...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

They are super nice, but kill the wallet...i dont even wanna tell you guys how much i spent on these stupid things...lol. Now i just gotta see how well they'll work....

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Wow!

I really don't know what else to say, I was going to say your car is going to be insane, but I don't even think insane is the right word for your car Bryan.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Loki said:
Wow!

I really don't know what else to say, I was going to say your car is going to be insane, but I don't even think insane is the right word for your car Bryan.

Well what fun would it be if i wasnt completely stupid and had to do everything above and beyond what was necessary?? :)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
turboa7mgte said:
So how is Vegas looking for you now Bryan?

Theyre looking up Tim. Gotta assemble the head, shorten the driveshaft, get my intake mani modded for the extra injectors, do the IC piping, run brake lines, and slap some black primer on her......then shes ready :)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
That's a huge lift... Hope you dont bang your valves into the pistons, lol... Let us know how they handle...

Oh, and DO TELL us how much you dropped on them...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Reign_Maker said:
That's a huge lift... Hope you dont bang your valves into the pistons, lol... Let us know how they handle...

Oh, and DO TELL us how much you dropped on them...

Im not proud to say it, lol, but the cams, underbuckets and retainers were $2600. Yes, $2600. Not a typo. Not proud that i spent more on a couple sticks of metal than most people do for an actual supra. But i gotta do what i gotta do to reach the goals im aiming for.

I think i need some counseling.... :cry:

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Slow66 said:
Im not proud to say it, lol, but the cams, underbuckets and retainers were $2600. Yes, $2600. Not a typo. Not proud that i spent more on a couple sticks of metal than most people do for an actual supra. But i gotta do what i gotta do to reach the goals im aiming for.

Well I'd be lying if I said that my arm didn't just drop down off my forehead onto my desk when I saw that... but damn, I can not WAIT to see how this car performs. And you're absolutely right, to hit the goal requires the cash, good luck in vegas man!

-J

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
just post videos.
that's all i ask.

i'm sure the sound of that 7M at idle would be worth the money.
or at 7,000 rpm...

i want videos of idle and a run up the powerband.

please?
those are awesome cams. if i could afford them, i would do it too.

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
WOW,

12.5 mm lift :S... is that enough to make the engine interference now? Its really cool your sticking with the 7m dude, i would love to see that car.

Ang

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Slow66 said:

slow

Don't worry man. I understand where you are coming from ;)

Remember when what you want is NOT available you have to pay a preimium to get it done.

I say bravo :)

288 is a shit load of duration :)