ct26 60-1 vs turbonetics 60-1

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
1t99c3.jpg

so my question is which should i go with?

the ct26 is 60-1 i was told and the turbonetics is 60-1 too.
gonna run on a 7mgte with 550 cc, lexus afm,intercooler and the other goodies.

what do you guys think?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
nightrider760;1827944 said:
turbonetics.. I would say..
Agreed. It's a bit more challenging to fit, but the top end isn't restricted at all, it will pull hard right through to redline. The upgraded CT, on the other hand, will start to fall off at high RPM. Also, the Turobonetics unit will roll into boost in a MUCH gentler fashion, making it far easier to control. The CT can cause you to accidentally do spins in the intersection while attempting to turn left.

Plus, my 60-1 upgraded CT blew up in just a few months, while my Turbonetics is still running strong.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well this turbonetics turbo is basically a bolt on, a side of the lines but the manifold and down pipe bolt right on.hmm cause i bought a 92 supra that i was gonna part out and came with the turbonetics turbo. so i was planning on selling it but now that i took off my ct26 idk if i should.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Go with the Turbonetics -- when I bought my car, the previous owner put on a TO4E 60-1 and even with the half-assed cobbled mods they did to it, the thing pulled like a freight train at 3/4 throttle....right up to fuel cut. LOL! I can't even imagine what this car's gonna feel like when I fire it up here in a few days and it's running with the PROPER supporting mods. The previous owner was kind enough to leave the stock injectors, afm, AND fuel pump installed on the car when they upgraded the turbo....but they put in a FCD... *rolls eyes*

mkiii91t

Feb 21, 2011
Miami
KicknAsphlt;1827964 said:
Go with the Turbonetics -- when I bought my car, the previous owner put on a TO4E 60-1 and even with the half-assed cobbled mods they did to it, the thing pulled like a freight train at 3/4 throttle....right up to fuel cut. LOL! I can't even imagine what this car's gonna feel like when I fire it up here in a few days and it's running with the PROPER supporting mods. The previous owner was kind enough to leave the stock injectors, afm, AND fuel pump installed on the car when they upgraded the turbo....but they put in a FCD... *rolls eyes*
:X I hope you checked the motor...

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
mkiii91t;1828173 said:
:X I hope you checked the motor...

Motor was fine, first thing I did was install a wideband and monitor the A/F ratios...then I did a head bolt retorque with a shitty torque wrench 5yrs ago. Fast forward to about 3-1/2yrs ago, driving from CA to CO...and just starting up Baker Grade toward Vegas and the motor overheats....ended up losing all it's oil during the drive, so did a rebuild and dropped it back in 2-1/2yrs ago...still trying to finish everything up...lol. Almost there though, just a few more things to install/work out.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
supraguy@aol;1828764 said:
Um, if you already have the lex maf and the 550's, i suggest you install them at the same time.
but wont it blow with out a tune?? cause im not planinng on tunning till like 1 0r 2 months from now

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
The method floating around (that I even downloaded and printed) talks about using a multimeter/voltmeter to measure the Vf signal. Basically, set your pressure to factory, then adjust the screw at idle until your Vf is dialed in. There may be tweaking involved with both fuel pressure and the afm screw to get both idle and driving fuel trims to play nice, but it seems to me a fairly simple process (I'm about to do it when I fire my car up hopefully in a few days)....just takes patience.

With that said, Grim is right -- you'll also preferably want a wideband.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
ok so i need to get a wideband before i put the 550's and the lexus afm plus i want to get the 550's clean and flow tested before i put them simce i got them used from an rx7.