CT-26 Turbo on a 1jz Good idea or bad idea....

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
I was wondering has anyone every used an upgraded ct26 on a 1jz. I was wondering is that a good Idea or bad Idea. If anyone has what kind of whp did u make.... I was jus wondering because i still have the turbo from my 7mgte and all the engine parts in good condition the engine hit bearings that why im doing a 1jz.:icon_bigg.

Tell me what you think...

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
alot of people have done it, there use to be a full kit on driftmotion and plus my buddies car is a 1j with a 57trim ct on it (red supra) and i think before he got that car he was going to do single ct on his other 1j (black supra)

his red car
p1481750_1.jpg

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
Thanks. So thats the route im going in. I will be Ordering my manifold and everything i need from driftmotion. Thats where I ordered all the parts for my swap.

Now I need 2 know where can i get the CT26 upgraded.

And which is the best upgrade the 57trim or the 60-1. Tell me what you think.

My goal is 500whp...

Last edited:

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
well about how much whp do you think you can get from the ct upgraded 2 a 57trim.

Whats the best numbers has anyone got with this particular setup???

What would would be a nice turbo for making 500 whp...

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
As others said you will not get 500 whp from a ct2657, but if thats the route you want to go get it from driftmotion. I tried to save a couple bucks and bought used, and I got trash. Big Aaron knows whats up, buy from him.

Another great guy to buy from is Rich Shubert from sipracingmailorder.com .

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Hey Supraman0858, Don't let no one tell you foolishness. Listen man there are guys here in Hollywood, FL make at least 520hp on stock internal and stock twins. You, of all people should know that. Now in order for you get the power out of the CT26 call Mike's turbo in Miami, tell them you need a CT26 upgrade with garrett internals. It should run you about $850 at the most. Then upgrade the injector to at least 550cc with a walbro 255 fuel pump. For ECU, AEM is the best, but it you can't afford that go with the Greddy Ultimate. Change the Spark plus to the E3 e64, and go with the HKS Twin Power. After all that You should be sitting at 500-580 on 12lbs of on pump gas with alot more to spare. I did it so i know you can too. Good luck bro do your research, and don't let some of the guys fill your head up with crap...it can't be done my A*S..!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Nippon-teku;1482130 said:
Hey Supraman0858, Don't let no one tell you foolishness. Listen man there are guys here in Hollywood, FL make at least 520hp on stock internal and stock twins. You, of all people should know that. Now in order for you get the power out of the CT26 call Mike's turbo in Miami, tell them you need a CT26 upgrade with garrett internals. It should run you about $850 at the most. Then upgrade the injector to at least 550cc with a walbro 255 fuel pump. For ECU, AEM is the best, but it you can't afford that go with the Greddy Ultimate. Change the Spark plus to the E3 e64, and go with the HKS Twin Power. After all that You should be sitting at 500-580 on 12lbs of on pump gas with alot more to spare. I did it so i know you can too. Good luck bro do your research, and don't let some of the guys fill your head up with crap...it can't be done my A*S..!

Wait, I maybe behind the times here but are you saying you made 500+ on a 1JZ with stock Ceramic twins?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Hey Supraman0858, Don't let no one tell you foolishness.

This is great, the first post you make is spent calling the advice of multiple seasoned supramanians foolishness.

Listen man there are guys here in Hollywood, FL make at least 520hp on stock internal and stock twins. You, of all people should know that.

How do people with stock twins have anything to do with the OP's question? Were talking about a ct26 here. And why should he of all people know that?

Now in order for you get the power out of the CT26 call Mike's turbo in Miami, tell them you need a CT26 upgrade with garrett internals. It should run you about $850 at the most.

Big Aaron upgrades the CTs for $510. He uses garrett internals as well.

Then upgrade the injector to at least 550cc with a walbro 255 fuel pump.

Once you go past like 500whp its time to start looking at running 2 fuel pumps. If your running 550s at this HP level your going to be pushing them way past 80% injector duty, which isnt a good life choice.

For ECU, AEM is the best, but it you can't afford that go with the Greddy Ultimate.

Its tough to say what is the "best" but if price is not an issue the general concensus is MoTeC. Alot of guys run Stinger ecus with great success here. AEM EMS is a good system but for some reason alot of people have issues using the supra platform.

Change the Spark plus to the E3 e64, and go with the HKS Twin Power. After all that You should be sitting at 500-580 on 12lbs of on pump gas with alot more to spare.

500-580 hp. given that you will probably come back saying you meant crank hp its highly unlikely with a CT2657, wheel hp 500 even more unlikely, 580 is not happening. Your gonna have to crank the boost, the turbo gets hot, and then your not going anywhere faster with more boost. It exceeds the efficincy range of the turbo by a long shot. At 12 pounds of boost theres no fucking way.

I did it so i know you can too. Good luck bro do your research, and don't let some of the guys fill your head up with crap...it can't be done my A*S..!

You did this? 580 hp? Let see some pics of your setup and a dyno readout. It seems to me that your just name dropping brands and grabbing all the info you can off the websites. Dont come into a tech section and post bull shit. Expect to be torn apart when you do.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
LOL I was about to do that same thing Lewis but I fegured Id start with a basic question first, But I do smell shenanigans with Mr. Nippon-teku post unless he can provide physical proff of what he has achived I call bullshit.

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL

Thanks for the info. I figured you can get more out of the ct. 500whp should be easy from what you saying I can make that power with the stock twins also IDK KNow really thats why im asking im still doing my homework on what I wanna do with my 1jz. Im going to look about all the parts you mentioned and call mike and see wats good and if its the same a driftmotions im going wit arrons im trying 2 get the best deal. I still have all my 7M Parts turbo and everything.....:naughty:

I was just wondering I didn't see you mentioned anything about cams where you making that kind of power with the stock cams?? If not wats the best size for that set up??:1zhelp:

For the injectors i got a set of 2jz 550' and i still got my resistor from my 7m so they can work right just gotta get the pump which is no problem. I need to check the supra man in hallendale all he does is supra he can lead me in the right direction..:1zhelp:

1 more ? im running stock twins and I bought and intercooler from driftmotions its 24" 12" 3" with 3" inlet/outlet and the piping is 2.75". Is my intercooler and piping 2 big for the twins I was just wondering my homeboy Fargo told me to us 2.5" so it would fill up the intercooler fast and 3" to the intake manifold what u think......I about to put everything together a soon as my engine gets here 2marrow.:evil2:

Last edited:

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
Wow...the power your talking about I would have to see it 2 believe it I know there is alot of guys here in miami with supra thats a beast on the street but I dont know if it was with a ct26 or or not..... So I dont know really it sounds good.

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Hold on...not stepping anyone's toes here. But everyone has there own style of doing things. what may work for me, may not work for you. You know what Supraman0858, Met me in Broward at the Tower off 595 & University on Friday night. I will show you Supras with stock 1JZ doing 500+Hp to the wheel. 7mGE with 480...7MGTE with CT26 killing 2JZs and 1JZs. Ask any Yard Man Mi Yutee... Dem Man Ya no ready yet..!

Anyway If you ever need anything man, I here and so are thousands of other Supra lovers. Some more honest than others, but we are all here to help. You be the judge, we all have knowledge some garge test some home schooled. Not here to start any wars, I just got out of in 2007. You be safe bro....

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I'm not a 1jz whiz, but... stock 1jz with ct12? by stock you mean stock fuel system as well?
500whp+? you gonna run out of fuel/air and spit your ct12 out the back way before that. You sir is crazy, or just plain ignorant.
I maxed out my 440's with a T61 and I'm not even close to 500.

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Down here in Mia, the Supra guys are Neal, Pinto Paul, Miky, Adrian and Fayaaz. They people have been building 3S, 4A, 7M, & 1JZ before many of us were born. These are the guys who did research before computers, by trial and error. But call Mike's turbo, they have good warrantee for a year plus they damn good. If you need anything, let me know and i'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Also if you want to just keep it stock, keep the twins, go with the Lexus SC AFM, walbro fuel pump, Q45 throttle body, and a 4" intercooler. Get the resister box from a 91-95 Legend and have Jerry in Hollywood remap the ECU for you. Then settle with the TT injectors and your good. $600 will be a round about price for this man and you be good. Proably around 480hp @12lbs, 14-15 lbs and you'll blow those bad boys without them being rebult.

And thats how the cookie crumbles Mon....:icon_razz