ct-26 60-1 trim efficency?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
bobpogoman;1051731 said:
sorry, i want to knwo what psi i can do with it? and ic+piping...??

I've heard upwards of 15psi definetly, b/c 14psi maxes out the stock size. I think it was MDC that said that you really cant push those but to a certain extent, b/c the housing itself cannot support really high pressures b/c of surging problems/ it pushes it out of its efficiency island. IMO i wouldnt put it past 18, even with hard pipes and such, even though there are plenty out their over that. MDC is a "ct upgrading master" so ask him, or search, info on your setup is fairly common.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
20psi here for over 2 years, pulls like a mutha all the way to the redline, seems pretty good to me. I have heard that Im pushing it,but it seems to keep making power so fuck it.

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
kk bah ill go around 18-19 psi, but not all the time, i bought a 2 stage boost controller that i can set low and high boost, so low will be 14 and high 19.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Crazy that it can sustain 19-20psi. Thats cool i didn't think it could do it.

I run my stocker at 16 and no problems for a few years now. They are tough mothers.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I've managed to kill about 3 CT's running them at 12 psi in the span of a couple years. These were all used turbo's but none had shaft play when installed (if they had play, I would not have installed them). I would not exceed 12 lbs unless it was on a rebuilt (or upgraded) turbo.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
few questions:

did you ever check on the shaft play during the life of the turbo?
and why not just rebuild the 1st ct that you killed, even just an OEM rebuild is fine...
what kind of oil did you use?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Sawbladz;1052680 said:
I've managed to kill about 3 CT's running them at 12 psi in the span of a couple years. These were all used turbo's but none had shaft play when installed (if they had play, I would not have installed them). I would not exceed 12 lbs unless it was on a rebuilt (or upgraded) turbo.

i killed two ct26`s at 12psi too, none had axial or radial play

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
60-1 CT here, holds 20 just fine, Ive seen the gauge spike to around 23psi. Dont know if I got a freak turbo or something, but this thing doesnt seem to sweat spooling up to 20psi, just keep pulling and pulling.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Rennat;1052716 said:
few questions:

did you ever check on the shaft play during the life of the turbo?
and why not just rebuild the 1st ct that you killed, even just an OEM rebuild is fine...
what kind of oil did you use?

Yes I did. Shaft play would not be present most of the time but as soon as I noticed some, the turbo would quickly deteriorate. The turbo would then begin to cause oil to be burned and blue smoke from the exhaust. I do not have the supporting mods for the turbo I want (or even a 57 trim) and I did not want to do a stock rebuild. Each CT was around $150 and they all lasted about a year. At the time of the first turbo replacement I could not afford the full rebuild. I have not regretted that decision because CT's are cheap, easy to find and easy to replace. Well, once you've done it a few times. ;) My current CT has been on the car since last August. It has been boosting flawlessly but I have yet to check it for shaft play this year. I think I will do that in a few weeks.

Right now I am running German Castrol 0W30 but for most of the time I have owned the car I ran Castrol GTX 5W30. Always changed at 5000km with a Toyota or better filter. Back when I ran Dino oil I would allow the car to idle down for extended periods of time. Since I have switched to the synthetic I have become slightly more lax in this respect.