Cross-compatible radiator fans?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I tried a quick search on this, but wasn't sure of what terminology to use:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any compatible fans from other Toyota/Lexus models, that could be used on the supra. My clutch is fine, but the blades themselves are kinda ratty. i just wanted to know if anyone had experimented with other part numbers, and found similar diameters. For example, i pulled the fan off of an LS400 the other day, but its about a full inch larger in diameter, and wont fit the shroud. However, it mounts just fine to the clutch, and i imagine that holds true for nearly all Toyota fans used on logitudinally-mounted engines.

Lemme know what you guys have found.
:icon_bigg

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
In my case, just saying, i went and got a new fan blades from DM, plus a new clutch pack at the beginning of the year, never looked back at Efans..

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Efans?
I would never want an efan.
I ended up doing the same thing- Buying a brand new fan, as well as a brand new fan shroud.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well like you said the shroud is the hole stopper.. if someone could come up with a shroud to fix a bigger fan.. i know id buy one.. lol

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I have a feeling that even a 1inch increase in diameter would require a shroud that would interfere with the hood.
But all's well that ends well.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Just wanted to add a pic:
The Lexus LS400 fan is BARELY smaller than the shroud opening, but IMO- too tight to safely run. If someone were so inclined, they could certainly shave a 1/4" from the blades to make it a perfect size.
The problem with that of course, is getting it perfectly balanced afterwards...

p1978515_1.jpg