crazy question: can a 2jz harness and ecu run a 1jz??

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
as the title says:

if say with an aristo 2jz, a 1jz harness and ecu can run that engine, would it not be safe to say that a 2jz ecu and harness could run a 1jz? say if it were swapped into a mark 4?

i just thinking that would be damn convenient for swap reasons to have a plug and play harness for a lower cost 1jz swap vs a 2jz.....and would allow the user to avoid complex harness wire work.

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Yup, We're doing this on my buddys car (thereaper). Also my other buddy (not on this board) is going to a 2jz ecu, but staying with the 1jz harness (using an adapter harness for the ecus)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yup it will work. just need to pin out the body (for MA70) wiring and match it all up but yes it will work perfectly fine.

but using the aristo harness you will still need to extend the harness OR cut a new hole and run the harness thru the dash. (check my routing harness through dash thread)

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
running a usdm 2j harness on a 1j would be a little different because of the maf and second o2 sensor.now if your talking about a mkIV 2jz-ge harness,that would probably be a little more work because it has a distributer instead of 2 cam position sensor's.i haven't heard of anybody doing that yet.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
tsuper92;898114 said:
running a usdm 2j harness on a 1j would be a little different because of the maf and second o2 sensor.now if your talking about a mkIV 2jz-ge harness,that would probably be a little more work because it has a distributer instead of 2 cam position sensor's.i haven't heard of anybody doing that yet.

run a jdm ecu on the mkiv harness.. Just have to wire the IAT up then ;)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
^^^ ding ding ding. thats why im doing it. i had 2 ecu's fry out on me and im over that shit. even repaired one and it STILL didn't work. only thing is is that you lose the higher rev limiter. it will only be 6700 instead of 7200

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
The Reaper;898830 said:
^^^ ding ding ding. thats why im doing it. i had 2 ecu's fry out on me and im over that shit. even repaired one and it STILL didn't work. only thing is is that you lose the higher rev limiter. it will only be 6700 instead of 7200

sounds like an excuse to run more power before you get to the end of the line :D

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
tlo86;899315 said:
whats the mkiv rev limit?

The Reaper;898830 said:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado

thought he meant the 7200 was the 1jz if there was uhh a difference... n stuff....

thats a big drop

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
well thats handy and efficent, i was just thinking about with the how cheap non turbo mark 4s will be coming in from japan into canada pretty quick here, if you got a steal on the chassis, you could swap in a soarer 1jz swap with the harness and ecu that would plug right in with very minimal wire work and have a running swap easily over a weekend if one was so inclined, then say have the 2jz block built up totally for a future 1.5jz idea into a mark 4, could be cool. this isnt super useful for mk3s, but if you could just get a jumper of a field harness made up, you could use the longer LHD drive 2jz harness to reach the ecu area on the ma70 chassis and then use the jumper harness from the mark 4 plugs into the ma70 body harness.