Craziest thing you've ever intimidated

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
sside;1938893 said:
i was driving home from school 2 months ago, it was night time so the temperatures outside were amazing. It was nice and cold and the sup was breathing beautifully.... As if it had been sleeping for 20 years and it just awoken. So i pull up to a red light enjoying my drive but something was wrong. I could feel these eyes staring at me from the side, i hesitated to look because its almost as if i knew what would happen next. The red light seemed to last an eternity, and eternity i had stumbled upon on a crazy cold night and one that i would never forget. I carefully and slowly turned my head towards those eyes and the moment i saw them i knew this was going to be a story for the ages, david vs goliath was happening all over again and i had nothing but a slingshot vs a giant. I gripped my steering wheel, and turned up my radio as this started to play.. ( i suggest playing the song as you read the rest of the story )
i heard the other car accelerate, the light was now green and the smell of burning rubber filled the night sky... I let off the clutch and my car took off like a bullet from hell.... I glanced over and it was still there with me, i shifted into 2nd and then 3rd and as my car gained speed my heart started pounding faster and faster as if i was red lining my very own soul..... And then as i shifted into 4th everything started moving in slow motion, i glanced towards the passenger window as it passed me with its emergency lights on.... I looked back towards my front windshield and let out a shout, nooooooooooo not today!!!!!!! The green faded lights from my supra started to dim and turned off, flash they came back on in fury red...... I couldnt believe my eyes since i had not done any of the dash light mods i had seen on supramania.... The whole inside of the car was glaring with red light as if this car was literally constructed in the pits of hell.... I kept my foot on the gas as my car shot back up and was quickly catching up, once again as i upshifted like i should slow motion was back in play but this time it was me who was passing it..... The race was over and my car's dash lights were faded green again. The guy pulled up to me and gave me props.... We exchanged numbers and decided to meet at a local race shop over the weekend.... I was able to get one picture of the car for yall to see....

http://i14.tinypic.com/309nj2f.jpg

lmao!!!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I was cruising one night, and there was a bright red Firebird. The shitty early 90s generation. My car was still N/A at this point, by the way. But I tried lining up beside him, but every single time that I would get anywhere near him, he would flip a u-turn. It was just hilarious. No matter where we were, if he saw me in his rear view he would turn around, lol

mk3supralove

Sep 14, 2012
Kelowna
It seems like every time I do a pull I excite whatever's behind me from challengers to 5 series bmws and then they just fly by after I let off it's hilarious!

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
my story was when i was on my bike (zx7r=750 ninja) and a c6 zo6 pulled up...not sure if he was stock but i clicked down to 3rd and he steadily pulled away...only car ive ever lost to on my bike...so far (no cars will race ever...espeically porches=fucking pussies)

the supra hasnt had much attention, i had an sr20 s13 give me a good race, almost dead even (im mostly stock level besides 57 trim and 3" exh) and there was a light blue sc that was a really even race (may have been n/a-t?)...otherwise i havnt been messed with...when people pull up on me they usually just give it a look like theyve never seen one before.

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
Some guy in a Hyundai Elantra was driving like an idiot blasting crappy kiddie pop off of one of the local stations. So I started tailing him bumping Kendrick Lamar. Got to a light and he decided he wanted to race me.. End of Story.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I came across a first gen dsm on some back roads. We were cruising (him in front), passing a few cars that were going 10 under the speed limit (common on this road), and have some good times. We get to a 2 lane split highway, he goes right, I go left, match fenders at 40mph, he beeps, and we launch. He immediately jumps up a car length, and just as I make the 2nd to 3rd shift, I'm starting to real him in. He lets off...

We do it again, same point, I start to real in...and he lets off. I'm thinking to myself...you bastard...you know if you waited another 2 seconds...I'd have you.

We pull off the same exit. I follow him into a parking lot. Turns out he has an 11 second DSM. He tells me, "rule of thumb with supras...don't race them past 80mph...because that's when they spank you."

We both laughed. "almost had you."

"you never had me, you never had your car..."

lol

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
While I dont really go out looking to race anyone (pretty much stock 7mge) I have had a few Honda's and 90's firebirds/mustangs challenge me in between lights. And as long as the muscle cars werent v8's I pretty much had them all beat. Especially the Honda's B). But seeing some guys post about dsm's., my boss's 97 eclipse was/is a monster. He got it when he was 20 and all he did was an exhaust, intake, and coil overs. He literally always had everyone beat so I know never to even think about going up against a gsx. Its now in full form drag setup with 970ish+whp on juice.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
theGOODWIN2012;1955549 said:
While I dont really go out looking to race anyone (pretty much stock 7mge) I have had a few Honda's and 90's firebirds/mustangs challenge me in between lights. And as long as the muscle cars werent v8's I pretty much had them all beat. Especially the Honda's B). But seeing some guys post about dsm's., my boss's 97 eclipse was/is a monster. He got it when he was 20 and all he did was an exhaust, intake, and coil overs. He literally always had everyone beat so I know never to even think about going up against a gsx. Its now in full form drag setup with 970ish+whp on juice.

Yeah...DSM's can be really nasty. I know a guy who has 6xx whp DSM that pretty much owns the drag strip. Those things are nasty fast when built right.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
I wouldn't say this is crazy but it was definitly intimidating. It was an 86 Buick Grand National that this old guy had. Definitely nowhere close to stock and when he spooled the turbo by my quarter panel I swear it sounded like the floodgates of heaven opening up. I said fuck it and we went for it. Definitely an interesting sequence of events.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
My buddy in his stock 99' civic dx 1.6 non vetec... Beat me in my supra.... Needless to say I blew an intercooler pipe.. and he won't every try racing again lmao. Right when we go to take off, boost kicks, then nothing.. it was like I hit a brick wall with a bang lol. he was proud until I sat on the side of the road till he turned around

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
G37S, SRT8 Grand Cherokee, new-gen Camaro SS, STI are the ones for me personally. Luckily I found out that my car is faster than all of them. The SRT8 Grand Cherokee is surprisingly fast for what it is.