Craziest thing you've ever intimidated

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
So I was just curious, what's the craziest vehicle that wouldn't play with you on the highway or whatnot? I find that lots of things that I assumed would be playful as I drive on the interstate often, simply won't. My craziest one was a new Ferrari f430, he was showing out between red lights and pointed at me and told me to show him what I got, I gunned it till the next light and he got beside me and had a look of sheer terror no joke, shook his head and refused to get beside me again. I mean i know our cars look good an mean but dang

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
when i had my 99 gsx, there were a bunch of viper and corvette guys that would never race me. i had to go and play with bikes. :)
hopefully when my supra is done, it will have the same effect. lol

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
My craziest encounter was years ago. My self and some friends had met up at our usual meeting place and were standing around talking when this loud mouth kid pulled up saying he could and would take on anything we had. I stopped paying attention early on and missed most of his rant, only to find out a couple minutes later that someone said I'd race him. He walked up and said " which car is yours?" I turned pointed and said "the supra". His only reply was "F#@k that". At the time I had a nearly stock 89 n/a. It took 4 people 30 mins to convince him it wasn't turbo.

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
A lot of Porsches are trying to get it on if they spot my car, guess its from the big exhaust pipe which make they think "ricer".
Unfotunately (for them) the exhaust is not the only mod :D
Especially those big Cayenne Turbo can´t really believe whats happening if we get it on.
It is really hard to get them off the fast lane because they STILL think (even if you overtook them seconds ago) they are faster...

Had a lot of fun with AMG and M models.

One time, on a trip to Hockenheimring (racetrack) on the autobahn there was an unimpressive golden(!) Mercedes C Class T modell (Station Wagon) behind me - you know, that sort of car and colour which old people love to drive... :D
No Xenon, no AMG optics, no nothing - simply unimpressive.

I used my second MA70 which is only BPU and has around 280 HP but I thought "alright, I´ll show you how fast an old japanese fighter can be"... yeah, and than I was pretty much smoked :D

Out of a construction site on an unlimited part, both the same speed and me around 3000rpm - thought it would be an easy win.
We both flored it and he just flew away - during the pass I could see the big brakes with "AMG" logos on it (standard alloys! no amg rims) and the 4 exhaust pipes... even in top end I couldn´t reach him (usually those things are limited at 250km/h and my slow supra can reach 280 km/h with some run-up.

Funny thing was, that he was on the trip to Hockenheim too.
Found the car later in the parking lot but no driver.

Was fun nevertheless :)

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Porsche GT2 - Smack that Ass! Rolling in 3rd, a side waive of the hand and punch it!

I'll readily admit if there were a turn or corner, I would have went through it!

IMG_20111105_133524.jpg

gemballa1-l.jpg

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
I've had the same situation with the smart mouth kid before too, his Altima was "running 50 pounds of boost" but he refused to even consider me lol

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I was driving home from school 2 months ago, it was night time so the temperatures outside were amazing. It was nice and cold and the sup was breathing beautifully.... As if it had been sleeping for 20 years and it just awoken. So I pull up to a red light enjoying my drive but something was wrong. I could feel these eyes staring at me from the side, I hesitated to look because its almost as if I knew what would happen next. The red light seemed to last an eternity, and eternity I had stumbled upon on a crazy cold night and one that I would never forget. I carefully and slowly turned my head towards those eyes and the moment I saw them I knew this was going to be a story for the ages, David vs Goliath was happening all over again and I had nothing but a slingshot vs a giant. I gripped my steering wheel, and turned up my radio as this started to play.. ( I suggest playing the song as you read the rest of the story )

[video=youtube;hO2wA0Te0wM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2wA0Te0wM[/video]

I heard the other car accelerate, the light was now green and the smell of burning rubber filled the night sky... I let off the clutch and my car took off like a bullet from hell.... I glanced over and it was still there with me, I shifted into 2nd and then 3rd and as my car gained speed my heart started pounding faster and faster as if I was red lining my very own soul..... And then as I shifted into 4th everything started moving in slow motion, I glanced towards the passenger window as it passed me with its emergency lights on.... I looked back towards my front windshield and let out a shout, Nooooooooooo not today!!!!!!! The green faded lights from my supra started to dim and turned off, FLASH they came back on in fury red...... I couldnt believe my eyes since I had not done any of the dash light mods I had seen on supramania.... The whole inside of the car was glaring with red light as if this car was literally constructed in the pits of hell.... I kept my foot on the gas as my car shot back up and was quickly catching up, once again as I upshifted like I should slow motion was back in play but this time it was me who was passing it..... The race was over and my car's dash lights were faded green again. The guy pulled up to me and gave me props.... We exchanged numbers and decided to meet at a local race shop over the weekend.... I was able to get one picture of the car for yall to see....

http://i14.tinypic.com/309nj2f.jpg

Last edited:

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
^lmao...not sure how to perceive that story...anyhow, I justwanted to add that when I first got my supra it was on intake, full exhaust, boost controller boosting to around 12psi (stock ct) an act stage 2 clutch, cheap bov, and some good tires. I'm not the guy that goes around looking to race but was filling up with gas when the small town "road king" in a like early 2000's gt mustang pulled up I think all he has is exhaust. He had been following me around town for the last couple weeks and there was no ignoring him this time. So when he pulls up and rolls down his window I see he has a girl in his car, I don't let him get out a word before I say from a roll or a dig? He just starts laughing and says how did you know...blah blah..so head out to the local edge of town two lane and he got beat every time. Ever since then random people i dont even know come up to me and ask about my "fast" car. I think this guy talked my car up more than I ever could. Its a shame to think of how much faster it is going to be when I finish the build here in a couple weeks...

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
^^ this reminded me about a few years back when I was driving an eclipse still. All it had was an intake, exhaust and drop springs. I raced a buddy of mine with an equivalent eclipse except he had stripped all the interior, A/C, and stuff out of the car to "lighten" it. I beat him by maybe 6". It was so close. After that he apparently went around really talking up my car. I went from Intake and exhaust to being supercharged and having a built motor with "nos". It was pretty funny.

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
Ealier body style SRT8 grand cherokee was pretty intimidated when I pulled on him from a roll, and then a dig. From what I could tell it wasnt stock, exhaust for sure and an A-pillar pod with 3 gauges. Who the hell knows what gauges he needed for that thing.. For all I know they could be a clock, compass, and voltometer.

Anyways, I was surprised when I pulled up to a stoplight next to a brand new GT500 and he wouldnt race me. It wasnt just one stoplight though, it was three consecutive stoplights with no traffic.
Although I did hear that those ECU's are tuned to only give 20% power until after 2500 miles, just so the engine is properly broken in. Who knows.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
^ that's kinda what prompted this thread lol, a gt500 wouldn't play the other day, wide open straight on highway, finally he tried to get the jump on me from about my 7, I heard the whine coming and punched it. The look of confusion when someone pays 50+k for a car and can't pass a 8k at best 24 year old Toyota is absolutely priceless :)

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
Its funny no one ever tries to egg me on in my supra. people try to race me when im in my wrx and miata but never the supra. My friends get mustangs, civics, g's. They see the supra and are like hell no haha.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Bulkierzero;1939073 said:
Its funny no one ever tries to egg me on in my supra. people try to race me when im in my wrx and miata but never the supra. My friends get mustangs, civics, g's. They see the supra and are like hell no haha.

That's kind of funny, I get more ford rangers and diesel trucks trying to race me than honda's or other imports.

I get these idiots with 4 cylinder ford rangers with ripped off exhaust try to race me but the newer STI's or EvoX won't even look at me at red lights..

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Had a v6 camaro rev on me today, so i gave her a bit to about 5k. He immediately put on his left blinker and turned on the green arrow lol

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
Bulkierzero;1939073 said:

Same here, but I have a feeling it's because they don't know what it is. 99% of people don't give my car a second look, then there's the 1% that point and scream SUPRA!!!

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I have a feeling I'm being talked about in a thread just like this one on another website.

I'm usually the guy who won't race some other car. Unless the road is dry, I'm in a good mood, there's no traffic, the other car is worth it, and it's an area I'm reasonably sure is clear of police.... forget it. Not worth it.

I had some ass in a Trans-Am who was already "racing" with some other guy in an M5 trying to get me to race him in the rain the other morning.... in traffic. Yeah, no thanks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I challenged a (real) F40 with a customers Camry that I had just finished (engine rebuild). Not that the 5SFE had a chance. But he punched and was gone.