crankshaft removal

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
im just about done pulling my crank shaft, but im having a few problems. first, i cant get the final bolt out of the flywheel, but thatll be solved when my friend shows up with his impact wrench. but the thing i cant figure out is how to get the crank pulley off. i have the bolt out of it, but i cant seperate it from the crank. anybody have any tips?
thanks

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
thats gonna be difficult. ive already gone after it with a prybar and rather large hammer....its on there good enough to have cracked part of the pulley right off. luckily i dont care about it. because im much of it is about to go to scrap metal.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
hmm well i have nothing resembling that tool haha. but i guess that all i was checking was that all i have to do is take out the bolt. then it should just pop off. theres no secret pins or anything holding it on. i guess ill just go pound on it some more.
thanks

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The balancer is PRESSED ON when you tighten the bolt (hence the very high torque spec for the bolt)

Use a puller like you're supposed to so you don't break stuff.

I ALWAYS use an impact to remove the flywheel bolts as I use red loctite to make sure they don't come out.