Crankshaft " Pulley" ????!!!

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
OKay im a little pissed off right now ..i removed the harmonic balancer (starter trick) i took off the woodruff key i wanna replace the front seal but how do i take off the crankshaft pulley??? some one please help me!

Its on a 7mgte

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
i used some Penetrating spray on the timing gear! nothing! the front lip of the timing gear came off from pulling on it so much..without removing the timing gear i cant get to the front seal

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
The timing gear should have threaded holes for the pulley removal tool:
Timing_3.JPG

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
1james to the rescue.

And once you have it off, go to the Dealer, and grab yourself a new replacement. You don't want to put the damaged one back on.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That puller will not take it off.

You need the one with the 4 slots.

Those come off from time to time from old age. Bet to get a new one or a used one and permentally weld it better. Like with a tig.

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
noel;1999425 said:
View attachment 72376which pulley removal tool did u use? i did see the 2 holes which look very small... i just a claw)tripod looking tool(in the picture)
It is something like this:
0304tool.jpg

Bolts go into the holes into your pulley and turning the center bolt on the tool pushes against the crank snout and pulls out the pulley.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
thanks everyone for the help i will get the correct puller..i really wish i didnt have to change the gear..all cuz of the lip:cry:..i saved the lip maybe i can put it back on the gear.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
DeadlyWrenches;1999508 said:
That engine must have been beat on pretty hard, because mine came off by hand.
what would cause the gear to be so stubborn to slide off the crankshaft???!!:: angry :: the harmonic balancer i can understand..but the timing gear???