Cost to rebuild a 7MGE

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Depends where you get your motor from i got my gte for 300 (; and sold my ge for 100 lol so i got a gte for 200! Plus i needed to buy a couple of other things so in total i spent about a 1000 on the swap
I saw someone selling a 2jzge for i think 300 too !

gs2040215

May 13, 2012
Dallas Tx
I plan on doing a JZ swap later when I can do it right, not half ass.
For right now I want to get the car back to stock, maybe in when I graduate ill do a na-t later.
Ive already started on the rebuild, I already have all the parts I need. Just need the machine work done

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Not a bad price, depends on what they actually do for the money though, get a detailed list of what's covered and post it up.

Sounds like a good plan, forget a swap of any kind for that money. all you'll end up with is a half finished car/money pit...

gs2040215

May 13, 2012
Dallas Tx
It was supposed to be a complete rebuild, pistons, bearings, and head work.
Instead of doing that I went another rough, im just gonna take the block and head to machine shop and let them do all the work and then bring it back home and put it together. (It comes out cheaper and I actually know what parts are going in it)
So far I think Ive gather all the parts I need, Im just missing some ARP bolts

gmsotaku

Apr 4, 2010
VA
$2000 for my 7mge rebuild. New pistons, rings, gaskets, hot tank, boring of .040" over. Still had to go buy a $400 head.

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
IJ.;1896064 said:
Not a bad price, depends on what they actually do for the money though, get a detailed list of what's covered and post it up.

Sounds like a good plan, forget a swap of any kind for that money. all you'll end up with is a half finished car/money pit...

Do what he said. its a really good price, if you are supplying all materials