Corner 8 Sport suspension??

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
Hey everyone my plan is to get a full coilover set this spring. so with that being said i was on ebay and found c8sport coilovers. i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this brand, if so what did you think? any info. would be helpfull. maybe yall been over this, but I seached and didn't find what i wanted to know. thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C8SPORT-SUPRA-87-88-89-91-92-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ced0c2f3aQQitemZ330394513210QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i'd advise you not to buy any parts off ebay, sure some things could work ok but i wouldnt trust it. as far as coilovers go i cant really tell you whats good because alot of them are good for other platforms but not so good for the mkiii. tokico blues and h&r springs are a real safe bet alot of people on this board agree. i am buying that set up myself soon

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
just keep in mind,,, you get what you pay folr. idk if your car currently has tems, but i kept mine and im running tokico illumina's, and eibach sportlines,, love them,,, Wow poods that was kinda scary

Adawg

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Tacoma
I have a full set of Tein Super Street that i'll let go for 900 if u want them. Got them for 1200 brand new, used them for about 4 months...they're still on my supra right now.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
dj7mge;1494711 said:
i'd advise you not to buy any parts off ebay, sure some things could work ok but i wouldnt trust it. as far as coilovers go i cant really tell you whats good because alot of them are good for other platforms but not so good for the mkiii. tokico blues and h&r springs are a real safe bet alot of people on this board agree. i am buying that set up myself soon

im going to be buying the same set up its around $700 and a really good buy...

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
dubsupra209;1494726 said:
im going to be buying the same set up its around $700 and a really good buy...

definitely... this snow needs to melt in wisconsin so i can pull the car out and get these parts installed then drive it like i stole it!

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
SupraSean;1494714 said:
just keep in mind,,, you get what you pay folr. idk if your car currently has tems, but i kept mine and im running tokico illumina's, and eibach sportlines,, love them,,, Wow poods that was kinda scary

What size rims/tires you running with that suspension?

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
haha well thanks guy i know you get what you pay for. it was a thought i was just thinking it wouldn't hurt to ask thanks for everything! i still got till summer so "Adawg" i might take you up on those teins

i just gotta save save save MONEY!

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
everyone needs to keep in mind, a few years ago Megan racing was considered another "shit ebay item"
this corner8 brand is brand new and perhaps the prices are low to attract buyers till they gain a reputation.
i know megans were cheaper when they came out than they are now.
juss cuz its on ebay doesnt make it cheap, its just another storefront.

88-7MGTE

I have this setup, and unless u like riding on solid rock buy this kind of setup, if you don't like hard, stiff ride buy something else! I put about 50 miles on H&R+blue tokico and i am ready to swap them out with c8 pretty soon.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
88-7MGTE;1525304 said:
I have this setup, and unless u like riding on solid rock buy this kind of setup, if you don't like hard, stiff ride buy something else! I put about 50 miles on H&R+blue tokico and i am ready to swap them out with c8 pretty soon.

Um. I don't really get what you were trying to say-
Do you like the H&R/ Tokico setup or was it too stiff? Or do you like the C8 or is that one too stiff??

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Yea, those Corner 8's are pieces of shit. Along with Megan, KSport, Godspeed, etc. Pick up some decent used coilovers or shock/spring combo. This consists of Tein, Stance, etc. I picked up my used Bilstein coilovers for $400. Just check the for sale section, I'm sure somebody is selling some used coilovers. Remember, used, quality products is always better than new shit products.

Hope this could help!