Coolent making more boost!

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
First off, my car is a 7m and for the longest time it would only boost to maybe 5.5-6 lbs. of boost. Then (about a week ago) it started to overheat and I noticed my overflow tank had grey mud in it so today i did a coolent flush and cleaned it with PEAK coolent acid, now i got 6.5 lbs. all day long. Just thought someone could give me some insight on this seeing as i hate not knowing how my things work.

Thanks,
Dave

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
p1169043_1.png

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Poodles;1169096 said:
Beat me to it...

That makes alot more sense then a BHG, because i have absolutly no other simptoms and my car pulls so much harder. Isn't it crazy how many people just right on the BHG theory. C'mon guys, I know its going to happen but try having a little faith.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, if your coolant was low, where was it going?

Not saying you don't have a BHG, just saying that running hot definately will lower your power...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1169722 said:
Well, if your coolant was low, where was it going?

Not saying you don't have a BHG, just saying that running hot definately will lower your power...

And can cause a BHG...

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
To clarify a little better I had a leak in the hose that goes to the back of the cam covers near the fire-wall and my car was overheated due to a clogged heating system. And I would never drive a overheating car for any amount of time, lol...I pulled over and had it towed to my house.

Also, the coolent flush lowered my heat gauge by like 4 little bars from its original running temp (it was running a tad past half-way). So that would probably make a significant power increase at the turbo and the motor.

Anyway, my car runs awsome now and i couldn't be happier...for the time being:icon_bigg

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
TurboFreak;1169787 said:
What was the "grey mud" in it?

To be honest I'm completely clueless as to why. All I can say is that I bought my car with a siezed motor and it turned out that the previous owner overheated it to the point where the head warped and the block cracked, lol.