coolent leakage

Kevin0393

Oct 29, 2011
PA
once again another coolent problem its weird when i turn the car on it throws it out thru where the fan clutch was and throws it all over the air filter and all over the radiator but when i turn the car off and fill the radiator with water it throws all over the floor. i checked the oil and it seems normal, its not overheating and its not throwing smoke out of the exhaust it only throws smoke out the engine when driven then turned off

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Check your hoses and maybe a crack in the radiator, run the motor and look where it is spraying from. Since it is being splashed onto the fan it has to be spraying from somewhere so you can find it that way. How old are the hoses? If they are original then I'd suggest changing them with better clamps and if the radiator is original I highly suggest changing that as well lol. Mine cracked on me on the top tank but that was because the car wasn't run very often for 3 years when I bought it so the plastic got brittle. Just look where it is coming from, shouldn't be difficult since it's leaking.

Kevin0393

Oct 29, 2011
PA
my problem is when i put water in my rad it comes out but my car isnt even on while its throwing it out

Kevin0393

Oct 29, 2011
PA
fixed it ended up being the hose behind the water pump. fixed it for 11.00 im a happy supra owner again lol thanks for all your help guys