Coolant leak in #1 cylinder

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
So after way too much money spent on this car its burning coolant in cylinder 1 I thought it might just be leaking out somewhere else so I got ahold of a coolant system pressure tester and found a minor leak fixed it and it still burned quite a bit. So tested it again and popped the spark plugs out and #1 filled up after about an hour. Checked the torque on the head and it wasn't loose. I have a cometic hg and arp studs what should I check next or should I just take the head off???

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
do you mean check the next cylinder? if so it doesn't matter you already found coolant getting in, so you have to pull the head and see what happened

looks like you had the machine work done, wonder what happened

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Did you ever re torque after 2-5 heat cycles? not sure if its necessary in all cases but dont see it hurting? How long has it been since rebuild?

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
The timing case was decked with the block and I retorqued the head after 2000 miles I have about 3500 miles on it

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
Well its leaking in through one of the coolant jackent. is there some way I can reuse it or should I just get a new one??