Coolant coming out of overflow tank!

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
Jaguar_5 said:
Have you burped your system?

You almost definitely have a BHG, stop denying it! Do the exhaust test like IJ said, a leakdown test might not be a bad idea either

I highly recommend a retorque, this will fix it if you're EXTREMELY lucky, but it'll probably just bandage it for awhile.

Btw, you said you used ARP Bolts, were they new? did you retorque after a few heat cycles? If not... that could be the problem!
Im waiting on the car to cool to burp the system. Im not denying anything Im just trying to check everything before I go tearing the head off again.

I did a retorque today again and all bolts were right at 78ftlbs. The ARP bolts were brand new.

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
IJ. said:
9 times out of 10 7M cooling issues turn out to be...... ;)

Sorry, IJ is correct here. Drove my car for nearly 2 yrs and had intermittant cooling issues just like this. Till it got much worse I wanted to deny it was a BHG. But it was. A very small leak of gasses into the cooling system can cause probs.

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
Well looks like im out of options to try other then the HG. I pulled the thermostat out yesterday and drove the car and it was still extremely hot and bubbling so its pretty obvious now what it is. I also found out that it was boosting about 15psi so Im sure the didnt help the problem. Im almost positive thats probably the cause to. Welp time to swap another head gasket lol.

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
I know it wasnt a good idea, but that way I could tell if I was still getting hot gasses in the coolant. I didnt know it was running 15lbs until the other day after I put my autometer gauge in.

There was no denial, basically I want to rule out everything else 1st before i went tearing into it.

I may have a guy that wants it like it sits so im not sure if I will have to fix it again or not.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH. The cure for cancer and aids ....... is the 2jz.

I have been running 14psi for a year and half. The stock fuel system will support 400+rwhp but that old fuel pump might fail one day like all things do.

Running without a thermostat will only cause you to run a tab bit rich b/c you are not reaching operating temps....... As i know that hhhmmmmm .... you know that :).