Converting to E85, what's required? 1JZ

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Well, I hardly drive my car anymore and its becoming more of a track orientated build by the day. Its currently due to have a haltech PS2000 ECU wired in with a total new map and E85 has just become more readily available here in Adelaide, Australia. I figured i'll take the plunge and go E85 while I have the opportunity. I just want a bit of an idea of what components are required and since this car is intend for harsh use, i'd like to do it right from the get go. Please note that I am still running the stock twins and intend to until they go bust, after which I will upgrade to a more appropriately sized single.

This is a list of what I think I need. Please comment and suggest where you see fit.

2x fuel pumps (I already have 1 bosch 044 (external pump mounted internally) but I think 2 will be required)
Surge tank
Lift pump for surge tank (stocker will be ok for this)
Twin feed fuel rail (feed one pump onto each end) - HKS? Sard? Ebay????
Top feed injectors. Will 1000cc be sufficient or should I go bigger?
Alluminum fuel lines
Plus some fittings for the pumps and surge tank

I think that's about everything. If people who have done this could chip in with their experiences or ideas on which specific products to go with that would be awesome.

cheers!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You will need Teflon lines, they are E85 compatible. You don't really need the dual feed at the rail, a single feed and return works. You know who to contact about a rail. ;)

You will need filters in the lines as E85 cleans gunk out of the tank. For injectors, you will need to determine what power level you want first. Here is food for thought, Albert who does the CT26 builds, who is shooting for 700HP on E85, has 1200CC injectors.

I will let the AZ guys comment here as everyone is doing E85 there. It's an E85 craze.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Albert, have you got any info on your fuel rails? Id like to take a look! Power wise intitially it wont be much more than 380rwhp (limited by the stock twins) but down the track id like to shoot for 350-400rwkw which is in the vacinity of 550rwhp.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
thanks for the replies guys.

are there any drawbacks with going 1200cc injectors? they are the same price as 1000cc and I think it would be nice to have the headroom. Also, i see a lot of people using RC, what sort of quality are they? Best place to purchase?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I am running RC 1200CC Injectors and E85. We use RC Engineering injectors a lot in cars we build and have nothing but good results. If you have a stand a lone go as big as you can afford. The RC 1200's however are rated at 55 psi and the 1000's are rated at 43 psi, thats why they are basically the same price.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
most of the guys here are using Injector Dynamics 1200ccs.. they are apparently better from what I'm being told, not that folks haven't had great luck with RC.

I just searched Google, and there's a bunch of articles detailing why.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I have some PTE 1000cc for sale! if you are interested, I need bigger for my power goals :(